Apprenticeships and Traineeships
CQUniversity has a range of apprenticeship and traineeship courses available.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine the benefits of structured training and paid employment. Undertaken on a full-time, part-time or school-based basis, apprenticeships and traineeships enable you to learn a trade or skill and receive a nationally accredited qualification.
Traineeships can be one to two years in a range of vocational areas, while apprenticeships usually last three to four years to become a qualified tradesperson.
How do I secure an apprenticeship or traineeship?
- Contact an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (Apprenticeship Network) provider see list below.
- They will help you find an employer
- Provide a training contract for you and your employer to sign
- Talk to them about choosing CQUniversity TAFE as your training provider
- Assist you to assess you for a Trade Support Loan and other payments.
- They provide advice and support to you during your apprenticeship.
- You can also contact an employer directly to discuss an apprenticeship or traineeship with them.
Contact details for Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) in Queensland: -
- Busy at Work – 13 28 79 or busyatwork.com.au
- MAS Experience – 1300 627 628 or masexperience.com.au
- MEGT – 13 6348 or megt.com.au
- Sarina Russo - 1300 178 776 or www.sarinarusso.com/apprenticeship
Are you looking for training for your apprentice or trainee?
If you employ apprentices or trainees and are seeking a trusted local TAFE training provider, you’ll find everything you need at CQUniversity. CQUniversity offers the latest industry-based training with all programs being fully accredited and endorsed by industry. CQUniversity's strong engagement with industry also means the training delivered is based on the latest skilling and industry requirements. Our expert teachers deliver quality and industry relevant training to ensure your apprentices and trainees gain the knowledge and skills needed to succeed.
- help to develop a training plan, which outlines what your trainee or apprentices will need to learn, when and how it will be delivered and assessed
- provide your apprentice or trainee with an electronic profiling system to easily record on-the-job learning and track progressions
- deliver training, oversee the off-the-job training and assessment achievement of skills
- provide your apprentice and trainee with learning support assistance, on an individual needs basis, as required
- issue a qualification on successful completion of the apprenticeship or traineeship.
The Queensland Government will cover the cost of training for employers who commence a new apprentice or trainee, or already have an existing apprentice or trainee aged under 21, in a priority qualification between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2023. For further information on this program visit Free Apprenticeship for under 21s.
Our apprenticeship and traineeship courses cover a huge array of areas including: -
- AUR30316 – Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- AUR30616 – Certificate III in Light Vehicle Meachnical Technology
- AUR31116 – Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR31216 – Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
* this course is not covered by Queensland Government User Choice.
If you have any questions, please contact us on 13 27 86 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Apprenticeships for Under 21s
Thanks to the Queensland Government, young Queenslanders can gain a qualification through free training for apprenticeships and traineeships.
Update your Business Skills
There is an extensive range of diverse and versatile course options available within business and accounting at CQUniversity.
TRADE TRAINING AT CQU WITH AN APPRENTICESHIP
Kobe Miller is forging his own path to a long career in metal fabrication, with CQUniversity helping him go from high school, to study and then into an apprenticeship in quick succession.