FIND A COURSE
Explore our Study Areas
Thinking online study?
At CQUni we see a way to make the experience more welcoming, not just more flexible.
We see you supported with access to dedicated services, and teaching staff who are committed to your success.
We see you choosing from over 200 online TAFE and Uni courses with more options to make study fit with your life.
Yeah, we see you discovering that online doesn’t have to feel isolated. Search ‘CQUni Online’ and be what you want to be.
Enjoy a personalised online experience
We want you to feel right at home with online study and here's how:
- Our friendly staff are here to help you get started and remain committed to your journey beyond graduation when you need them.
- With smaller class sizes, our lecturers and other students get to know you by name, meaning more connection and a study experience that's far from isolated.
- You can access your online course material live or anytime from almost any connected device. Plus, there's around-the-clock online learning support and different ways to connect with students, lecturers or support staff based on your preferences.
- With the largest footprint of any University or TAFE in the country, its likely we'll have a location near you to drop in and access facilities and services. Or we have everything you need, accessible online. Its your choice.
Staying on top of your studies is made easy with MyCQU - your personal learning portal that doesn’t take a degree to navigate.
- Customise learning resources on the dashboard so everything you need is right at your fingertips, as you like it.
- Keep on track with with personalised calendars, checklists and notifications.
- Access learning materials two weeks prior to term start, plan your week ahead once term starts, and be ready for assessments and practical components with upfront information.
- Take advantage of the helpful tips from other students and learning experts shared with you via MyCQU.
Set yourself up for success before you get started by attending Orientation and ensuring you’ve chosen a manageable study load.
- Orientation will help you to become familiar with systems and the support services available to you. Attend online by streaming one of our OG TV sessions, or if you live near a campus join us in person during Orientation week.
- Study requires self-motivation and commitment - consider how much time you can devote each week and plan for 10-12 hours per week per unit to study when deciding on a full or part-time load.
Our graduate employment outcomes are some of the best in the country, and as an online student, this means you get all the practical experience you need to graduate work-ready.
If your online unit requires a hands-on learning component it will likely include a mandatory residential school. Usually three to five days in length on-campus or in-industry, residential schools provide a unique opportunity to connect in person with lecturers, students and industry specialists as you undertake the practical components of your course. Locations details are released two-weeks prior to term start in the residential school timetable.
As an online student, you may be required to sit Standard Examinations, and Deferred and Supplementary Examinations as part of your course assessment requirements. These are scheduled each term and can be viewed in the Key Dates calendar. You can choose from a list of more than 200 exam centres in Australia and around the world. If you live more than 150 km from a centre, you can apply to create a location closer to your home.
At CQUniversity, we have a long and strong history of providing online education.
In fact, we are one of the first Australian universities to offer flexible, online courses, delivering the same quality education and services that our on-campus students receive.
Regardless of where you live in the world, you can still access a world-class Australian qualification that is recognised worldwide, all from the comfort of your own home.
You’ll benefit from flexible study load, three terms per year, plus more.
If online study is new to you, don’t worry! We’re here to help.
You will need a few things to study online.
Our students have access to a range of free and discounted software and downloads.
Our goal is to make your online learning experience as seamless as possible.
Our academics work closely with industry to ensure our course content is up to date, so you have a relevant, engaging and enriching experience.
There are two online spaces where you’ll be spending most of your time.
Let’s take a closer look.
Moodle is our online learning environment – and is mobile friendly.
You will find the experience and activities change for each unit.
It’s here that your teaching team will schedule online tutorials, upload lecture videos, expect you to participate in discussions, and more.
Zoom video conferencing is used for meetings and online live classrooms.
If Zoom has been used to present a lecture, you can access the teaching material at a time that best suits you and replay anything you may have missed.
Feedback will be provided for each assessment and this is an opportunity to learn and apply that learning to your next piece of work.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure about how to apply feedback in future.
You will have access to all support services.
From our Academic Learning Centre and Ask-a-Librarian consultations to careers advice and IT help.
If you find yourself feeling lost, stressed or need help with technical issues, we’re a phone call, click or email away.
There are many benefits of online learning.
As a student, you will learn a lot about time management, motivation, and being an independent learner.
These are all highly desired attributes for employers.
No matter where in the world you are, you can study online with confidence at CQUniversity.
Helping you succeed
Personal support when you need it
From health and wellbeing to inclusion and accessibility services, we want to ensure you are supported to succeed as an online student.
Learning support to help you succeed
Explore our range of learning support services for new and experienced students designed to help your learning outcomes.
Online with access to any location
As an online student you also have the option to access our services and facilities at more than 20 national locations.
Online Study for International Students
Discover how you can succeed as an international student looking to study online from outside Australia.
Be Different – Hyperflexible learning
Designed for busy professionals. Explore self-paced, 100% online postgraduate degrees with no group work or assessment deadlines.
I felt CQU were very honest; that I would be supported as a mature age student and so far it's been a very positive experience studying with them online from the flexibility; to quality of content; helpful teaching staff and support services.
Bachelor of Public Health
Study Online FAQs
Depending on your course, you’ll have the opportunity to watch recorded lectures at a time that suits you and participate in live online lectures and tutorials. You will be able to use simulated tours and activities to remotely experience practical elements, join forums with staff and fellow students, and access a broad range of materials through the library. Our online learning platform also supports you to keep track of your studies and provides networking opportunities.
Thanks to our small class sizes, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to interact directly with your lecturer and classmates to answer any questions. Throughout your studies you’ll also join an engaged and growing online community, where you’ll connect with other students and form valuable networks.
Our university has a long history of offering innovative and interactive online learning. All access to the online study portals and sites are secure, giving you confidence that your work and contributions in class are safe.
With over 40 years’ experience in distance education and over half of our Australian students already studying online we’re ready to provide you with a quality virtual learning experience. Rest assured you’ll enjoy the same quality of education when studying with us online that you expect on campus. Your study experience will differ, but you’ll discover new connections and many benefits in an online learning environment including the flexibility to fit study around other commitments, and experience using a variety of technologies
You'll enjoy the opportunity to participate in live online sessions or watch recorded lectures at a time that suits you. Our online students are welcomed into a supportive online community allowing you to form valuable connections all over the world.
Our online degrees meet the same accreditation and professional recognition requirements as our on-campus courses, and you’ll receive the same quality education and officially recognised qualification on completion of your studies.
With the exception of some practical activities and practice, our online experience is just as rich and rewarding as our on-campus experience.
Depending on your course you'll have the opportunity to:
- Watch recorded lectures at a time that suits you,
- Participate in live online lectures and tutorials,
- Use simulated tours and activities to remotely experience practical elements,
- Join forums with staff and fellow students,
- Access a broad range of materials through the library,
- Keep track of your studies through our online learning platform, and
- Take advantage of our online networking opportunities.
Successful completion of our online courses also results in exactly the same degree and qualification as our on-campus courses.
Choose CQU Online
Great online experience
over 85% of TAFE students studying online rate the experience highly
NCVER National Student Outcomes Survey 2022
Leader in online study, delivering distance education since 1974
rated positively by undergraduate and postgraduate students