Free apprenticeships for under 25s will cover the cost of training for employers who have commenced a new apprentice or trainee, or already have an existing apprentice or trainee aged under 25, in a priority qualification from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2023. Your employer will pay your wages, and you might have to meet costs related to any uniform or other training resources.
To be eligible for Free apprenticeships for under 25s program:
- You must be under the age of 25
- You must be employed as an apprentice or trainee under a Training contract in one of the priority qualifications.
- You must have commenced, or be undertaking, your training between 1 January 2021 and 31 December 2023.
You must also meet other general eligibility requirements for apprenticeships and traineeships.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- AHC31021 – Certificate III in Parks and Gardens (Apprenticeship)
- AUR30320 – Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology (Apprenticeship)
- AUR30620 – Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology (Apprenticeship)
- AUR31120 – Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology (Apprenticeship)
- AUR31220 – Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology (Apprenticeship)
- CHC30121 – Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (Traineeship)
- CHC50121 – Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (Apprenticeship)
- CPC30220 – Certificate III in Carpentry (Apprenticeship)
- CPC32420 - Certificate III in Plumbing (Apprenticeship)
- CPC33020 - Certificate III in Bricklaying and Blocklaying (Apprenticeship)
- MEM30219 – Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Apprenticeship)
- MEM30319 – Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade (Apprenticeship)
- MEM31419 - Certificate III in Engineering - Fixed and Mobile Plant Mechanic
- MSF31113 – Certificate III in Cabinet Making (Apprenticeship)
- MSL30118 - Certificate III in Laboratory Skills (Traineeship)
- MSL40118 – Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques (Traineeship)
- SHB30416 – Certificate III in Hairdressing (Apprenticeship)
- SIT30816 – Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (Apprenticeship)
- UEE30820 – Certificate III in Electrotechnology (Electrician) (Apprenticeship)
- UEE31220 – Certificate III in Instrumentation and Control (Apprenticeship)
- UEE32220 – Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
For more information, visit the Queensland Government Department of Employment, Small Business and Training website, or call 13 27 86.