To be eligible, you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with an eligible visa subclass
- be 15 years old or over
- live in Queensland and have left school
- not already have, or be enrolled in a certificate IV level or higher qualification, not including qualifications completed at secondary school.
Course specific additional eligibility
- BSB40320 - Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business . Students must be the owner, manager or employee of a small business in Queensland.
- CHC42015 – Certificate IV in Community Services. Students must be an existing worker in the Community Services industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants.
- SIT40516 - Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery. Students must be an existing worker in the Tourism and Hospitality industry and must already hold a trade qualification (Certificate III) in the Tourism and Hospitality industry.
- CHC52021 – Diploma of Community Services. Students must be an existing worker in the Community Services industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants to receive subsidy.
Government Concession Eligibility
To be eligible for a Queensland Government concession fee, you must be eligible to access Certificate 3 Guarantee/High Level Skills Funding, as well as meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- have, or be listed on an Australian Government Low Income Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card
- hold a Department of Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- if you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- if you have a disability.
For more information, check out the Higher Level Skills (HLS) Fact Sheet or visit the Queensland Government Department of Employment, Small Business and Training website, or call 13 27 86.
High level courses
The following list outlines all courses that may be subsidised.
- 10971NAT - Certificate IV in Justice Studies
- 10972NAT - Diploma of Justice Studies
- BSB40320 - Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business
- CHC40221 - Certificate IV in School Based Education Support
- CHC42021 – Certificate IV in Community Services
- CHC43315 – Certificate IV in Mental Health
- CHC40321 - Certificate IV in Child Youth and Family Interventions
- CHC50121 - Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC52021 – Diploma of Community Services
- CUA51120 - Diploma of Visual Arts
- FNS40222 - Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- HLT54121 - Diploma of Nursing
- ICT50220 - Diploma of Information Technology
- MSL40118 - Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques
- SHB50121 - Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- SIT40516 - Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT50116 - Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
- SIT50416 - Diploma of Hospitality Management
If you have any questions, please call us on 13 27 86. You can also ask a question via eform.