AUR30616 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
At a glance
This course prepares new employees or recognises and develops existing workers performing mechanical work in the automotive light vehicle service and repair industry. Job roles related to this qualification include Light Vehicle Mechanical Technician.
|Availability||Gladstone City, Mackay City, Rockhampton City,|
|Full course cost||$15,768.00|
This course is for apprenticeship training only. Students must be employed as apprentices in a relevant industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Is what I already know taken into account?
Yes. Your history of study, skills and experience does matter. Consideration is given to your prior life and work experiences as well as formal and informal training. This may be applied using the national standard for Mutual Recognition or through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Documentary evidence will be requested.
Structure and assessment
Standard Course Structure
- Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace (AURAEA002)
- Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace (AURASA002)
- Test and repair basic electrical circuits (AURETR012)
- Diagnose and repair spark ignition engine management systems (AURETR023)
- Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles (AURETR025)
- Diagnose and repair charging systems (AURETR029)
- Diagnose and repair starting systems (AURETR030)
- Diagnose and repair ignition systems (AURETR031)
- Diagnose and repair light vehicle hydraulic braking systems (AURLTB003)
- Diagnose and repair light vehicle steering systems (AURLTD004)
- Diagnose and repair light vehicle suspension systems (AURLTD005)
- Diagnose and repair light vehicle engines (AURLTE002)
- Diagnose and repair light vehicle emission control systems (AURLTZ001)
- Carry out servicing operations (AURTTA004)
- Carry out diagnostic procedures (AURTTA018)
- Inspect and service braking systems (AURTTB001)
- Diagnose and repair cooling systems (AURTTC003)
- Inspect and service engines (AURTTE004)
- Inspect and service petrol fuel systems (AURTTF001)
- Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace (AURTTK002)
- Install vehicle lighting and wiring systems (AURETR009)
- Diagnose and repair electronic body management systems (AURETR043 )
- Service air conditioning and HVAC systems (AURETU2003)
- Diagnose and repair air conditioning and HVAC systems (AURETU3004)
- Retrofit and modify air conditioning and HVAC systems (AURETU3005)
- Carry out light vehicle wheel alignment operations (AURLTD006)
- Remove and install light vehicle engine assemblies (AURLTE001)
- Remove, inspect, repair and refit light vehicle tyres and tubes (AURLTJ002)
- Diagnose and repair light vehicle final drive assemblies (AURLTQ001)
- Diagnose and repair light vehicle drive shafts (AURLTQ002)
- Diagnose and repair light vehicle manual transmissions (AURLTX001)
- Diagnose and repair light vehicle clutch systems (AURLTX003)
- Select and use bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives (AURTTA005)
- Carry out vehicle safety inspections (AURTTA017)
- Machine brake drums and brake disc rotors (AURTTB003)
- Inspect and service steering systems (AURTTD002)
- Inspect and service suspension systems (AURTTD004)
- Inspect and service diesel fuel injection systems (AURTTF002)
- Diagnose and repair engine forced-induction systems (AURTTF005)
- Balance wheels and tyres (AURTTJ001)
- Use and maintain measuring equipment in an automotive workplace (AURTTK001)
- Inspect and service manual transmissions (AURTTX002)
- Diagnose and repair exhaust systems (AURTTZ002)
To view more information about these units, as well as the suggested study plan, please visit the handbook.
Fees and scholarships
Full course cost: $15,768.00
Unit cost: $438.00
The Queensland Government determines the schedule set by CQUniversity. Additional fees may be charged for printed materials, protective clothing and tools etc. A full copy of all regulations associated with VET fees can be accessed from the Queensland Government Legislation website.
All fees must be paid to finalise enrolment or a payment arrangement entered into. You will be liable for all payments, even if you discontinue enrolment, subject to the Refund Policy. Debt recovery action will be taken to recover outstanding fees. Please select from the following:
- VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans will commence from 1 January 2017 and is an interest free Australian Government income contingency loan that assists eligible full fee paying students to pay their Tuition Fees.
- VET Government funded programs
The cost of these programs is based on a student contribution fee. A concession may be available in some situations. Additional resource/material costs will vary from program to program.
- VET fee-for-service programs (full fee paying)
These are competitively priced full-fee paying programs which do not attract concessions.
Please refer to the scholarship pages for more information.
How to Apply
How do I secure an apprenticeship or traineeship?
Traineeships and apprenticeships need to be secured with an employer before you can start your study. Your employer will then work with CQUniversity to pull together the training program that is right for you. If you would like to become an apprentice or trainee, visit the Australian Government Australian Apprenticeships website and follow the steps to become an apprentice.