Orientation at CQUniversity involves completing an online, introductory Moodle course, as well as attending one of our Orientation events before term begins.
Attending an Orientation event is compulsory for international students. Domestic students have the choice to attend or simply complete the online modules. It’s strongly recommended that all students do both.
If you're a new student, we encourage you to join us at an Orientation event where you will:
- Find out about the facilities and support staff available to assist you throughout your study journey.
- Meet and network with other new students from your location.
Feedback from past students has told us that attending an Orientation event is the single most valuable thing you can do to prepare for study.
Orientation events for Term 1, 2018 will be held at our various CQUniversity campus locations between Monday, 26 February 2018 to Friday, 2 March 2018.
Final schedules for Term 1 2018 Orientation can be found below. Please note, Bachelor of Nursing students are to refer to the separate Bachelor of Nursing Orientation Schedule.
- Mackay - Music and Theatre students only
- Melbourne The School of Engineering and Technology excluding Project Management
- Melbourne The School of Business and Law; The School of Health, Medical and Applied Science, The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences, The School of Education and the Arts and Project Management students
- Rockhampton - International Student Orientation (Rockhampton international students must attend both International Orientation and general Orientation. Please also refer to the Rockhampton schedule above).
- Brisbane The School of Engineering & Technology; The School of Health, Medical & Applied Sciences; The School of Education & the Arts
- Brisbane The School of Business & Law; The School of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Sciences;
- Sydney The School of Engineering and Technology excluding Project Management
- Sydney The School of Business and Law; The School of Health, Medical and Applied Science, The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences, The School of Education and the Arts and Project Management students
- Bachelor of Nursing students at Bundaberg, Cairns, Mackay, Noosa, Rockhampton and Townsville
Course Specific Schedules (subject to change):
If you wish to attend Orientation, it is compulsory you register your attendance by completing the online registration form.
The academic school you belong to will determine which day of Orientation you attend. All on-campus and online students are invited to join us. Please be reminded that CQUni is now a smoke-free university. All staff, students and visitors to our campuses are asked to comply with the introduction of this new smoke-free policy by not smoking anywhere on university grounds.
If you have a laptop or tablet device, it would be useful to bring it to Orientation. You should also bring your Student ID card. If you don't have a Student ID card, please bring along the student number found on your Offer Letter.
If you have a disability or medical condition, and require assistance with adjustments or access to Orientation, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling 13 27 86.
Please note that due to course offerings, availability of staff and other factors, we cannot guarantee a course specific session at each Orientation event, or that academics will be in attendance.
Can’t wait for an event to roll around? Get ahead by signing into UCROO (U-Crew), CQUniversity’s digital campus. As a first-year student you’ll find plenty of helpful information just for you, plus secondhand textbooks for sale, study groups, and opportunities to connect with your future classmates.
You can get started with UCROO by visiting https://cquniversity.ucroo.com.au and signing in with your CQUni login credentials.
Orientation events for ELICOS students are generally held a few days prior to the start of your admit week. Dates for Orientation events may differ between campuses. Please refer to the dates on your Offer of Admission for more information.
Orientation Online is compulsory for all new students.
Orientation Online is an introductory Moodle course designed to provide you with the information you need to become a successful student at CQUniversity. It should be completed after you accept your offer and before the start of term. The modules will help you to become familiar with our online systems, along with the support services available to you.
To visit Orientation Online, please click the banner on this page, log in with your student number and password and select ORIE12345: Orientation Online from the list. Orientation Online is not available to STEPS, TEP, ELICOS, or students returning after a leave of absence if they have previously studied at CQUniversity.
This year, the Office of Social Innovation are launching a brand new orientation program known as iChange.
This fun and informative online program will share inspiring stories of transformative change, and equip students with tools, networks and creative ideas to drive social innovation in their lives and communities.
Featuring six short video units presented by CQUni students, iChange explores the history and future of social innovation, as well as megatrends, co-design theory, and social innovation ecosystems. The program is not compulsory and should take two hours to complete. It is designed to be completed before you start studying online or on campus.
Change your world and kickstart your career with CQUni’s iChange.
Parents and partners play a vital role in supporting students during their university journey. Attend this ‘everything you need to know’ session where parents and partners can meet key faces and ask questions.
RSVP’s to this session are essential. Please submit the following online form to RSVP your attendance.
Parents and Partners sessions will be held at the Rockhampton, Mackay and Bundaberg campuses during Orientation. Please indicate which campus you will be attending on the online form.