Graduate Certificate in Management - CH76
The Graduate Certificate in Management will provide you with skills required to both initiate and develop plans that efficiently meet management goals. This course is an entry pathway to CQUniversity's Graduate Diploma's of Human Resource Management, International Business and Marketing.
On Campus, Online
0.5 years full-time, 1 years part-time
Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Online
The Graduate Certificate in Management is designed for students from a broad range of professions. You will enhance and further your career prospects by acquiring knowledge and skills in business management, human resources, business communication and marketing. The course will assist you in acquiring knowledge and skills necessary to manage real-world business situations at operational and supervisory levels. You will learn about the key principles and practices of effective and efficient business and gain a competitive edge for success in dynamic business environments.
|Core Units||4||Major Units||None|
|Term 1 - 2019||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 1 - 2020||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 2 - 2019||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 2 - 2020||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2019||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2020||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 1 - 2019||Available Online|
|Term 1 - 2020||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2019||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2020||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2019||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2020||Available Online|
You are required to complete a total of 4 core units.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
To gain entry to this course you must have:
- a completed bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian university or college or equivalent; or
- a recognised diploma and two years' relevant business experience; or
- a minimum of five years' relevant professional experience may enrol in this course.
International students should visit www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information including English language requirements.NOTE:International English Language (IELTS Academic) Overall band score of 6.5 (with no individual band score of less than 6.0) will be required for students seeking entry to the MBA.ALL students seeking entry to the MBA will require 3 years relevant work experience in order to be admitted, please refer to the entry requirements for Masters courses as listed in individual handbook pages.
Work Experience Definitions
Managerial or professional work experience must have included direct, personal involvement in decision-making responsibility in a range of areas such as budgeting, marketing, HRM, staffing, project management, financial management, process management, or other relevant professional experience. If you are an international student please visit www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information including English language requirements.
Security RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.
The Graduate Certificate in Management provides you with opportunities to study contemporary management practices. As a graduate, you will be able to target employment in the areas of business consultation and middle to high-level business management.
At CQUniversity, we are committed to making education accessible to everyone. That is why on top of offering multiple pathways for entry to our courses and a generous variety of scholarships, we also offer highly competitive fees. When referring to course fees for international students, please note the following:
- Fees are in Australian dollars AU$.
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- The final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course. This estimate assumes a full-time study load.
- The typical total course fee is an estimate of the tuition fees for the whole course. This estimate is based on typical unit enrolments in each year of the course, with indexation of the international subject fees at six per cent per annum for every additional year of study. Total course fees assume students complete no more than the course duration indicated.
- International students can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on campus in Australia may only take 25 per cent of their entire course by online study, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
You may refer to the International Courses and Fees 2019 to see the full list.
If you want to learn how business works, and like to strategise and manage, a course in business may be for you. There are no limitations to where a business qualification can take you. Choose from a broad spectrum of fields, and develop highly desired, transferable skills such as team work and communication.
Wide Choice of study areas
Select from arts, accounting, business, hospitality, human resource management,management, marketing, professional communication, property, public relations, retail, supply chain management, tourism, warehousing, social innovation and more to suit your personal interests and career goals.
Benefit from the flexibility to study full-time or part-time and either on-campus or online. Choose from a number of majors, minors and elective units to individually tailor your learning to suit you.
Graduate work ready
At CQUniversity, we provide the right mix of theory and practical experiences to ensure you graduate work ready, making you attractive to employers and helping to broaden your career opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to gain crucial life-long learning and transferable generic skills, such as critical thinking and problem solving. You will be able to apply these skills to a range of employment opportunities and life situations.
Postgraduate and research
CQUniversity offers a range of postgraduate and research courses.
Quality Education, Wherever You Are
Between our reputation for learning, teaching and research, our renowned online education offering, and our status as Australia's largest regional university, rest assured you will get a world-class education when you choose CQUniversity.A Uni That
A Uni That Knows Credibility is Key
In just 25 years, CQUniversity has achieved some amazing feats and emerged as one of Australia’s truly great universities. We have been ranked among the best in the world for our teaching and learning, and are internationally recognised for our focus on Social Innovation. Our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia, due to our reputation for work integrated learning and industry-aligned courses, and experience some of the nation's best graduate outcomes in terms of full-time employment and starting salary. CQUni is also regarded as the nation's most inclusive and engaged university, with our award-winning academic and research staff making a real impact on the communities and industries we serve.
A Uni That Leads in Online Education
A pioneer in online study, CQUniversity has more than two decades of experience providing high quality online learning experiences across the country and even internationally. We work hard to deliver the latest techniques in online study, and have even planned our physical sites to provide more services to our widespread online study cohort.
A Uni That Knows Convenience Counts
CQUniversity is truly focused on our students' needs, and that means responding to what, how and where they want to study. It is why we are now Australia's largest regional university, with more than 20 metropolitan and regional locations across five states, delivering TAFE and university qualifications in on-campus, online and supported online modes to more than 30,000 students.
A Uni That Knows Your Experience Matters
CQUniversity's strong focus on student experience ensures that you are prepared and supported on your student journey. Support services include on-campus or online orientation to assist your transition into university life, course and career advice, financial support options, study support, ongoing assistance through the Student Mentor program, counselling services, support for students with disability or medical conditions, Indigenous student support and more.