Bachelor of Accounting - CQ01
Kick-start your accounting career with our Bachelor of Accounting. As well as providing you with an accredited accounting degree, you also have the opportunity to pursue a career in financial planning.The financial planning major is industry accredited by the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) allowing you to forge your career in the industry. Alternatively, you may opt to tailor your studies by completing a major or minors from a number of other business and non-business disciplines.
On Campus, Online
OP:17 SR:65 ATAR:59.9
OP:17 SR:65 ATAR:59.9
3 years full-time, 6 years part-time
Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Rockhampton, Sydney, Online
Queensland: English, Maths
The Bachelor of Accounting supports you in discovering how to use accounting to understand business reality and be relevant in a 'digitally disrupted' accounting and business world; and in this way change your own lives and those around you. We do this by creating for you interactive and collaborative places so that, wherever you are, you can learn actively on our campuses across Australia and online in a personal, flexible way as part of your total life.
The Bachelor of Accounting provides you with a degree that is accredited by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and meets the associate membership requirements of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). Depending on the electives you choose, you may also be eligible to apply for registration with the Tax Practitioners Board (after meeting the Board's requirements for practical experience). Graduates are also eligible to join the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants at the member level.
As well as providing you with an accredited accounting degree, you also have the opportunity of completing a major (or one or two minors) from a number of other business and non-business disciplines.
|Core Units||16||Major Units||8|
|Term 2 - 2019||Brisbane Cairns Melbourne Rockhampton Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2019||Brisbane Melbourne|
|Term 2 - 2019||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2019||Available Online|
Term dates for 2019
Term 1: 11 March to 7 June
Term 2: 15 July to 11 October
Term 3: 11 November to 14 February 2020
|Electives or a Minor||8|
|Geography and Environmental Studies||8|
|Human Resources Management||8|
|Property||8||If you wish to complete a Property major, you cannot include PROP12002 as one of your core units.|
You are required to complete a total of 24 units including 16 core units, and eight units from a choice of 12 majors in Digital Media, Financial Planning, Geography and Environmental Studies, History, Human Resources Management, Journalism, Management, Marketing, Property, Psychology, or Public Relations. You may choose to complete one or two four-unit minors in a selection of these disciplines rather than an eight-unit major.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Business Internship||BUSN12001||Students wishing to undertake work integrated learning need to take BUSN19024 as a compulsory unit and BUSN12001 (equivalent to two elective units).|
A rank threshold is the minimum competitive rank that applications will be considered for entry to this course. The rank cut-off score is the competitive entry score that was needed to gain entry to this course in Term 1 2019. There is an unadjusted score before any bonus is applied and an adjusted score if bonus points were applied. Entry to courses is competitive and the cut-off score will vary from year to year and is provided as a historical guide of past performance.
|Rank Threshold||OP 17| SR 65 | ATAR 59.9|
|Rank Cut-Off - unadjusted||OP 17| SR 65 | ATAR 59.9|
|Rank Cut-Off - adjusted||OP 17| SR 65 | ATAR 59.9|
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- tertiary diploma level qualification, or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 overall with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components; or
- Cambridge Certificate in advanced English (CAE) - Score of 180 or above; or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English - Score of 200 or above; or
- Combined Universities Language Test (CULT) - 70% with no individual component score of less than 15.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Security RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.
English and mathematics
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Accounting, you may find employment opportunities in the local, national and global business, accounting or finance sectors in roles such as:
- auditing and assurance
- business consultancy
- financial planning
- forensic accounting
- professional accountancy
The Bachelor of Accounting (Financial Planning) is accredited by the Financial Planning Education Council (FPEC) and is an approved degree with the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA). Students who graduate with the Financial Planning major will be eligible to apply for FPA membership.
Depending on the units studied you may be eligible for membership of Certified Practising Accountant Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and the Institute of Public Accountants-Restricted Member IPA status. These organisations accredit each campus individually so you should check the current status of accreditation for your desired location.
For eligibility criteria for membership of the professional bodies visit:
As a graduate of this course, you may also be eligible to join the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants at the Member Level and may be eligible to apply for registration with the Tax Agents Board provided you meet the board's requirements.
At CQUniversity, we are committed to making education accessible to everyone. That is why on top of offering multiple pathways for entry to our courses and a generous variety of scholarships, we also offer highly competitive fees. When referring to course fees for international students, please note the following:
- Fees are in Australian dollars AU$.
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- The final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course. This estimate assumes a full-time study load.
- The typical total course fee is an estimate of the tuition fees for the whole course. This estimate is based on typical unit enrolments in each year of the course, with indexation of the international subject fees at six per cent per annum for every additional year of study. Total course fees assume students complete no more than the course duration indicated.
- International students can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on campus in Australia may only take 25 per cent of their entire course by online study, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
You may refer to the International Courses and Fees 2019 to see the full list.
If you want to learn how business works, and like to strategise and manage, a course in business may be for you. There are no limitations to where a business qualification can take you. Choose from a broad spectrum of fields, and develop highly desired, transferable skills such as team work and communication.
Wide Choice of study areas
Select from arts, accounting, business, hospitality, human resource management,management, marketing, professional communication, property, public relations, retail, supply chain management, tourism, warehousing, social innovation and more to suit your personal interests and career goals.
Benefit from the flexibility to study full-time or part-time and either on-campus or online. Choose from a number of majors, minors and elective units to individually tailor your learning to suit you.
Graduate work ready
At CQUniversity, we provide the right mix of theory and practical experiences to ensure you graduate work ready, making you attractive to employers and helping to broaden your career opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to gain crucial life-long learning and transferable generic skills, such as critical thinking and problem solving. You will be able to apply these skills to a range of employment opportunities and life situations.
Postgraduate and research
CQUniversity offers a range of postgraduate and research courses.
Quality Education, Wherever You Are
Between our reputation for learning, teaching and research, our renowned online education offering, and our status as Australia's largest regional university, rest assured you will get a world-class education when you choose CQUniversity.A Uni That
A Uni That Knows Credibility is Key
In just 25 years, CQUniversity has achieved some amazing feats and emerged as one of Australia’s truly great universities. We have been ranked among the best in the world for our teaching and learning, and are internationally recognised for our focus on Social Innovation. Our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia, due to our reputation for work integrated learning and industry-aligned courses, and experience some of the nation's best graduate outcomes in terms of full-time employment and starting salary. CQUni is also regarded as the nation's most inclusive and engaged university, with our award-winning academic and research staff making a real impact on the communities and industries we serve.
A Uni That Leads in Online Education
A pioneer in online study, CQUniversity has more than two decades of experience providing high quality online learning experiences across the country and even internationally. We work hard to deliver the latest techniques in online study, and have even planned our physical sites to provide more services to our widespread online study cohort.
A Uni That Knows Convenience Counts
CQUniversity is truly focused on our students' needs, and that means responding to what, how and where they want to study. It is why we are now Australia's largest regional university, with more than 20 metropolitan and regional locations across five states, delivering TAFE and university qualifications in on-campus, online and supported online modes to more than 30,000 students.
A Uni That Knows Your Experience Matters
CQUniversity's strong focus on student experience ensures that you are prepared and supported on your student journey. Support services include on-campus or online orientation to assist your transition into university life, course and career advice, financial support options, study support, ongoing assistance through the Student Mentor program, counselling services, support for students with disability or medical conditions, Indigenous student support and more.