Master of Management for Engineers - CC74
Whether you are a qualified engineer with management experience or an aspiring leader, the Master of Management for Engineers is the ideal course to advance your career.
Develop a broad managerial skillset to confidently lead multidisciplinary teams with a solid foundation in business – management, marketing, human resources, business analytics, and innovation and sustainable business development. This course will also build on your technical experience to equip you with project management skills to pitch and lead lean projects. You will be well prepared to open doors to entrepreneurial endeavours, consultancy roles, and leadership positions.
On Campus, Online
2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Online
This unique course is designed specifically for engineers who wish to complement their technical or engineering qualification with business management skills. It is ideal for those seeking professional development or who want to enhance their career opportunities and improve employability.
During the course, you will develop knowledge and skills in management and business by studying units in human resource management, marketing and digital communications, managing people, and business analytics. You will examine contemporary business issues, practices and processes including regionalisation, emerging new world markets, global governance and globalisation, underpinned by sustainable business development. You will also complete a capstone unit focusing on strategic solutions for sustainable organisations, to prepare you for employment in a world where sustainability plays a critical role in organisations.
Designed to cover a broad range of core units, you will also have the flexibility to choose electives from a pool of management-related units, and project management, allowing you to design your degree around your career aspirations and interests.
Throughout the course, your learning will be enhanced through practical learning opportunities. Gain exposure to real-world examples of engineering and other technology companies through case studies, guest speakers from industry and capstone units to contextualise your learning to your career. You can also choose to complete a 10-week business internship, to gain real-world work experience in an Australian organisation.
Enjoy the flexibility to study online or on-campus. Plus, take advantage of CQUni’s three terms across the year to study the Master of Management for Engineers, when and how it suits you.
|Core Units||14||Major Units||None|
You are required to complete a total of 14 core units and two electives.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
QUALITY EDUCATION, WHEREVER YOU ARE
Between our reputation for learning, teaching and research, our renowned online education offering, and our status as Australia’s largest regional university, rest assured you will get a world-class education when you choose CQUniversity.
A UNI THAT KNOWS CREDIBILITY IS KEY
CQUniversity has achieved some amazing feats and emerged as one of Australia’s truly great universities in under 30 years. We have been ranked among the best in the world for our teaching and learning, and are internationally recognised for our focus on Social Innovation. Our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia, due to our reputation for work integrated learning and industry-aligned courses, and experience some of the nation’s best graduate outcomes in terms of full-time employment and starting salary. CQUni is also regarded as the nation’s most inclusive and engaged university, with our award-winning academic and research staff making a real impact on the communities and industries we serve.
A UNI THAT LEADS IN ONLINE EDUCATION
A pioneer in online study, CQUniversity has more than two decades of experience providing high quality online learning experiences. Benefit from the flexibility to study online in your home country.
A UNI THAT KNOWS CONVENIENCE COUNTS
CQUniversity is truly focused on our students’ needs, and that means responding to what, how and where they want to study. It is why we are now Australia’s largest regional university, with more than 12 metropolitan and regional locations across four states, delivering TAFE and university qualifications in on-campus, online and supported online modes to more than 30 000 students.
A UNI THAT KNOWS YOUR EXPERIENCE MATTERS
CQUniversity’s strong focus on student experience ensures that you are prepared and supported on your student journey. Support services include on-campus or online orientation to assist your transition into university life, course and career advice, financial support options, study support, ongoing assistance through the Student Mentor program, counselling services, support for students with disability or medical conditions, Indigenous student support and more.
|Term 1 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 1 - 2023||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 2 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 2 - 2023||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2023||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 1 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 1 - 2023||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2023||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2023||Available Online|
|Business Internship||BUSN20020||This is a 12cp unit. You will be placed in a company for a 10-week internship requiring 4 days per week working within the host company. You will also undertake an applied research project based on a particular issue within your host organisation. You must undertake this unit in the final trimester of your course.|
CQUniversity and our internship partners will find a suitable internship for you. Find out more about our internship program.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must have:
- A completed three year bachelor degree in engineering, engineering technology, or in a Technology (Specialisation) related discipline, from an Australian university or college, or equivalent.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 or 12, or equivalent), or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0 completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America.
If you do not satisfy any of the above you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below.
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 overall with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) ‐ Requires 550 or better overall & minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) ‐ Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub‐score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Each student will be assessed individually.
There are no specific security requirements for this course.
Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.
No information is available at this time.
On completing a Master of Management for Engineers, you will be qualified to manage engineering projects in industry and government. The acquired knowledge and developed skills may also be applied to areas other than engineering.
|2022 Indicative Fees|
|International Indicative First Term Fee||$16,050.00|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||$32,310.00|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
We offer a range of scholarships to support international students and encourage you to apply for one that's right for you.