Master of Engineering - CV82
The Master of Engineering provides you the opportunity to develop professional skills such as teamwork and communication while applying and further developing the theoretical knowledge you gained in your undergraduate study.
2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Melbourne, Perth, Rockhampton
Students are advised to choose a major and stream which is consistent with their undergraduate studies. If in any doubt students are advised to contact the course advisor. It is recommended that full-time students enrol in 24 credit points per term, and part-time students enrol in 12 credit points per term.
This course has a strong emphasis on engineering practice and will provide you with an opportunity to develop further skills and knowledge in your current engineering discipline, while at the same time developing your employability skills such as communication and teamwork. This course enables you to be recognised as a graduate professional engineer in Australia and as such, you will have career opportunities in a wide range of areas including the infrastructure, resources and energy sectors.
During your study, you will have opportunities to develop professional skills such as teamwork and communication at the same time as you are applying and further developing the theoretical knowledge you gained in your undergraduate degree. The authentic engineering projects, some with industry mentors, will help to prepare you for engineering practice. You will commence your study with a unit that introduces you to Australian Engineering Practice and three project-based learning units that will provide you with the opportunity to apply discipline knowledge and skills in an authentic project, in some cases with an industry mentor.
You will then select 24 credit points of units from topics including sustainability, mining, project management and rail. If you have no previous industry experience, as part of your elective study, you will undertake an internship in order to improve your understanding of engineering practice and obtain the 480 hours of approved engineering work experience required by Engineers Australia to be recognised as a professional engineer. Finally, you will complete a major research project through the units Engineering Research Project Planning and Engineering Research Project Implementation that will demonstrate your ability to work as a professional engineer.
For Australian students, this course is available in mixed mode, giving you the flexibility to study even if working or living in a remote location.
|Core Units||1||Major Units||7|
|Term 1 - 2020||Melbourne Perth Rockhampton|
|Term 2 - 2019||Melbourne Perth Rockhampton|
|Term 2 - 2020||Melbourne Perth Rockhampton|
|Term 3 - 2019||Melbourne Perth|
|Term 3 - 2020||Melbourne Perth Rockhampton|
You are required to complete a total of eight units plus a major research project (96 units of credit) to be awarded the Master of Engineering. You will have the option of the following majors:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
All international students, regardless of previous experience, will be required to complete an internship in Australia in order to give them the experience of working in Australia in an engineering workplace:
- Students who complete the full-time internship will be deemed to have satisfied the Engineers Australia requirements
- Students who complete a part-time internship will have to make up the remaining hours in other professional practice activities. Engineers Australia has indicated this is acceptable to them but we will require students to provide a log in the university required format of these activities.
Please note that students who have not completed the requisite work experience will not be able to graduate from the course.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Internship Work Experience||ENEP20001||Students acquire learning outcomes whilst they are working up to a maximum of 480 hours.|
A completed 3 year Bachelor of Engineering, or equivalent, with an aligned engineering major, from a recognised tertiary institution. Degrees completed without standard engineering majors (Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical) will be assessed for compatibility with the Masters course on a case by case basis by the School.
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion within the last 5 years of:
• a secondary qualification (Year 11 or 12, or equivalent), or
• bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0 completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below.
• An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.5 overall with a minimum 6.0 for Reading and Writing and 6.0 for Speaking and Listening, or
• An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Please see English requirements https://www.cqu.edu.au/international-students
Security RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Students are advised to choose a major and stream which is consistent with their undergraduate studies. If in any doubt students are advised to contact the course advisor.
It is recommended that full-time students enrol in 24 credit points per term, and part-time students enrol in 12 credit points per term.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Engineering, you will be recognised as a graduate professional engineer in Australia. As an engineer, you will realise career opportunities in a wide range of industries including energy, infrastructure, resources.
Possessing a Masters qualification will enhance your employability and elevate you above your engineering peers.
At CQUniversity, we are committed to making education accessible to everyone. That is why on top of offering multiple pathways for entry to our courses and a generous variety of scholarships, we also offer highly competitive fees. When referring to course fees for international students, please note the following:
- Fees are in Australian dollars AU$.
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- The final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course. This estimate assumes a full-time study load.
- The typical total course fee is an estimate of the tuition fees for the whole course. This estimate is based on typical unit enrolments in each year of the course, with indexation of the international subject fees at six per cent per annum for every additional year of study. Total course fees assume students complete no more than the course duration indicated.
- International students can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on campus in Australia may only take 25 per cent of their entire course by online study, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
You may refer to the International Courses and Fees 2019 to see the full list.
If you want to learn how business works, and like to strategise and manage, a course in business may be for you. There are no limitations to where a business qualification can take you. Choose from a broad spectrum of fields, and develop highly desired, transferable skills such as team work and communication.
Wide Choice of study areas
Select from arts, accounting, business, hospitality, human resource management,management, marketing, professional communication, property, public relations, retail, supply chain management, tourism, warehousing, social innovation and more to suit your personal interests and career goals.
Benefit from the flexibility to study full-time or part-time and either on-campus or online. Choose from a number of majors, minors and elective units to individually tailor your learning to suit you.
Graduate work ready
At CQUniversity, we provide the right mix of theory and practical experiences to ensure you graduate work ready, making you attractive to employers and helping to broaden your career opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to gain crucial life-long learning and transferable generic skills, such as critical thinking and problem solving. You will be able to apply these skills to a range of employment opportunities and life situations.
Postgraduate and research
CQUniversity offers a range of postgraduate and research courses.
Quality Education, Wherever You Are
Between our reputation for learning, teaching and research, our renowned online education offering, and our status as Australia's largest regional university, rest assured you will get a world-class education when you choose CQUniversity.A Uni That
A Uni That Knows Credibility is Key
In just 25 years, CQUniversity has achieved some amazing feats and emerged as one of Australia’s truly great universities. We have been ranked among the best in the world for our teaching and learning, and are internationally recognised for our focus on Social Innovation. Our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia, due to our reputation for work integrated learning and industry-aligned courses, and experience some of the nation's best graduate outcomes in terms of full-time employment and starting salary. CQUni is also regarded as the nation's most inclusive and engaged university, with our award-winning academic and research staff making a real impact on the communities and industries we serve.
A Uni That Leads in Online Education
A pioneer in online study, CQUniversity has more than two decades of experience providing high quality online learning experiences across the country and even internationally. We work hard to deliver the latest techniques in online study, and have even planned our physical sites to provide more services to our widespread online study cohort.
A Uni That Knows Convenience Counts
CQUniversity is truly focused on our students' needs, and that means responding to what, how and where they want to study. It is why we are now Australia's largest regional university, with more than 20 metropolitan and regional locations across five states, delivering TAFE and university qualifications in on-campus, online and supported online modes to more than 30,000 students.
A Uni That Knows Your Experience Matters
CQUniversity's strong focus on student experience ensures that you are prepared and supported on your student journey. Support services include on-campus or online orientation to assist your transition into university life, course and career advice, financial support options, study support, ongoing assistance through the Student Mentor program, counselling services, support for students with disability or medical conditions, Indigenous student support and more.