Graduate Certificate in Domestic and Family Violence Practice - CV74
Gain crucial skills in men's behaviour change and domestic violence, and join a sector in critical need of practitioners to reduce domestic and family violence across Australia. Study the Graduate Certificate in Domestic and Family Violence Practice in under 12 months and boost your career. If you're working in probation and parole, social work, counselling, psychology, criminology or community services, apply now to upskill and take advantage of government funding available for domestic and family violence.
This course is an approved short course under the Australian Government's Job Ready Graduates package and is Commonwealth supported in 2021. Eligible students can study the Graduate Certificate in Domestic and Family Violence Practice in 2021 for $7248.
0.5 years full-time, 1 years part-time
The Graduate Certificate in Domestic and Family Violence Practice enables you to develop specialised industry-related knowledge and skills to respond to domestic and family violence. Key practice areas in relation to domestic and family violence are reflected in course electives of child safety, men’s behaviour change and working with victims/survivors. The knowledge and skills you will gain through completing this course are transferable across a wide range of professions and occupations where workers encounter domestic and family violence.
|Core Units||4||Major Units||None|
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
1. A completed Australian Bachelor degree, or equivalent qualification, in any discipline from a recognised tertiary institution OR
2. A completed diploma PLUS 3 years relevant work experience OR
3. Vocational qualifications relating to the domestic and family violence sector PLUS 5 years of relevant work experience OR
4. A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience (paid or voluntary) relating directly to the domestic and family violence sector, subject to approval from the Head of Course.Note: Relevant work experience must include employment in the domestic and family violence field, or a related field (such as child safety, health, correctional services), where associated written tasks, such as report writing, are demonstrated. Work experience must be outlined on a company letterhead, be signed and dated by a delegated authority from within the organisation.
Security RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Domestic and Family Violence Practice would typically be employed in or seeking employment in:
- Criminal Justice
- Child Safety organisations
- Health Services
- Non-government organisations including domestic violence services