Why Choose CQUni
At CQUniversity we believe higher education should be for everyone – no matter your postcode or educational background. Our accessibility, flexibility, student support and wide range of TAFE and university courses offered online and on-campus help our students be what they want to be.
Our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia, due to our reputation for work integrated learning and industry-aligned courses. We’re also regarded as one of the nation’s most inclusive and engaged universities, with our award-winning teaching and research staff making a real impact on the communities and industries we serve.
- Ranked in the top 650 universities globally in the QS World University Rankings 2022, placing us among some of the world's strongest research and teaching institutions.
- Alongside 14 other young Australian universities ranked by QS in the top 100 institutions globally under 50 years of age.
- Recognised for strengths in teaching, employability, internationalisation and facilities with a five-star rating in each of these categories, as well as the overall category, through the QS Stars Rating System.
Times Higher Education
The Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2021 recognise universities across the world for their environmental, social and economic impact based on the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). CQUniversity is ranked 29th for our commitment to Sustainable Development Goal 14 'Life Below Water', as well as notable scores in the seven other SDG categories we participated in. Overall, our commitment to sustainability sees us ranked in the top 200 universities participating in these prestigious rankings.
Our commitment to engagement and social outreach has led to CQUniversity being recognised as Australia's first and only Changemaker Campus by Ashoka U, an exclusive global social innovation group, made up of around 40 other respected education institutions across the world. All member institutions collaborate with each other to break down barriers to institutional change and foster a campus‑wide culture of social innovation.
- Ranked #1 in Australia for social equity by The Good Universities Guide 2022, for our ratio of students from low socioeconomic or disadvantaged backgrounds
- Awarded five-star rating by The Good Universities Guide 2022 for our first-generation student ratio, placing CQUniversity in the top 20 per cent nationally in this category.
- Our commitment to accessibility, including through scholarships, disability support, gender balance, and support for students from low socioeconomic backgrounds, has been recognised in a four-star rating for inclusiveness by the globally-recognised QS Stars Rating System.
- ComparED data shows our undergraduate and postgraduate student support results are above national averages.
- The majority of CQU students positively rate our teaching quality, facilities and learning resources, and overall student experience according to CompareEd.
- Our small class sizes and excellent student feedback have contributed to us receiving a five-star rating for teaching by the QS Stars Rating System.
- Rated five-stars for teaching quality and overall student experience from The Good Universities Guide 2022.
Benefit from the expertise and support of a university with over 40 years' experience delivering distance education. Over half of our Australian students choose to study with us online, receiving the same quality of education as on-campus students.
As an online student, you will have the flexibility to choose when and how you study, allowing you to balance study with your family, work and other commitments.
Study with the confidence of having teaching staff experienced in online education, and enjoy the convenience of online library resources, recorded lectures and opportunities to connect with other students.
Survey results from The National Centre for Vocational Education Research show:
- Nine in 10 CQU TAFE graduates secure employment or enrol in further study soon after graduating.
- More CQU TAFE graduates find their training relevant to their current jobs, compared to the national average for VET providers.
- More than 91 per cent of recent CQU TAFE graduates between 20 and 24 years old reported they achieved their main reason for doing the training.
- Continually recognised by The Good Universities Guide 2022 as one of the top universities in Australia for undergraduate full-time employment and starting salary.
- Second-highest full-time employment rate for undergraduate alumni in Australia in the latest Graduate Outcomes Survey.
- More than 83 per cent of recent graduates secured full-time work within four months of completing their degree.
- Our graduates also enjoy the third-highest median starting salaries in the country at $70 000.
- The QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020 ranks CQUniversity as one of the top 500 universities globally.
We pride ourselves on having some of the best graduate outcomes in the country and that’s why we’ve introduced our Graduate Guarantee. It’s a peace of mind warranty that now comes with every undergraduate level CQUniversity degree.
- ComparED data shows CQUniversity postgraduate alumni experience positive career outcomes, with median salaries for full-time employees at $97 800 (national average $87 700) within four months of graduating.
- More CQUniversity postgraduate students rate their skills development positively, compared to the national average according to ComparED.
- The QS Graduate Employability Rankings ranks CQUniversity as one of the top 500 universities globally.
- The Good Universities Guide 2022 has awarded CQUniversity five-star ratings for postgraduate full-time employment.
- We are also ranked one of the top five Australian universities for postgraduate starting salary and skills development by The Good Universities Guide 2022.
At CQUniversity our focus on practical, applied research sees us being recognised as conducting research that is at, above or well above world standard in an impressive 22 categories in the latest Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) results, published by the Australian Research Council.
Our commitment to delivering research that has real impacts on our communities and local industries means research is done differently at CQUniversity. We answer challenges, develop constructive solutions and identify new opportunities in a wide range of disciplines and fields.
Our success in several categories of the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2021 acknowledges the quality of CQU research in areas aligned with the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals.
CQUniversity is committed to providing a welcoming and supportive experience to all students. Recent International Student Barometer (ISB) results reveal:
- 91 per cent of international students reported being satisfied or very satisfied with their arrival experience.
- 90 per cent or higher for our support services and learning experiences.
In the latest English Language Barometer (ELB) results, CQUniversity ranked first of over 50 English language centres in Australia for overall student support. Additionally, we've also placed in the top five for learning, happiness, arrival and overall categories.
Find out more about studying at CQUniversity as an international student.
Commitment to the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
At CQUniversity, we are committed to the sustainability of our communities socially, environmentally and economically. We produce new knowledge and global leaders who deliver innovative, solutions-focused outcomes and drive change to address real-world challenges. Our practices and our culture are underpinned by our commitment to the seventeen United Nations SDGs. Explore our practices, initiatives and activities that align with the themes of the SDGs and how we are working towards the creation of a better tomorrow.
Learn about student opportunities such as internships, social innovation projects and more, designed to enhance your experience.
Find out more about the wide range of scholarships, awards and financial assistance programs CQUniversity has on offer.
Access a range of support services including counselling, accessibility and financial assistance.