Positive graduate outcomes are our number one priority. We are proud that our graduate employability rates and starting salaries are consistently ranked above the Australian average. Our graduates are in demand, our students are satisfied.
Read on to discover our reputation and why thousands of international students made us their first choice.
CQUniversity is the first university in Australia to offer a Graduate Guarantee. If you cannot find a job in your field within six months of graduating, you can upskill for free with a graduate certificate. This is our peace of mind warranty.
Once again CQUniversity has outperformed the Australian university average in international students' overall satisfaction, and other key areas in student experience and satisfaction.
Read more on our latest International Student Barometer results.
CQUniversity has ranked in the top 650 universities globally in the QS World University Rankings 2022, placing us among some of the world's strongest research and teaching institutions.
CQUniversity joins 14 other young Australian universities ranked by QS in the top 100 institutions globally under 50 years of age.
In addition to this, CQUniversity has been recognised in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022 as one of the top 500 universities for graduate employability.
With more than 28 000 universities globally, these results place us among the top 2% of universities worldwide.
QS calculates its rankings based on a combination of metrics including research outputs, student to staff ratios, graduate employment rates, employer-student connections, university-employer partnerships, alumni outcomes and the university’s reputation among employers. The QS World University Rankings are facilitated by Quacquarelli Symonds, one of the world's leading providers of analytics and insights to the global higher education sector.
The Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) is run by the Federal Government and provides transparent information about all of Australia's higher education institutions, from the perspective of recent students and graduates.
QILT Employer Satisfaction Survey 2022
The Employer Satisfaction Survey results prove employers like our graduates. Here's how we're ranked among Australian universities.
- #4 for Overall employer satisfaction (#1 of Queensland-based universities)
- #5 for Employer satisfaction with graduates' foundation skills (#1 of Queensland-based universities)
- #6 for Employer satisfaction with graduates' technical skills (#1 of Queensland-based universities)
- #3 for Employer satisfaction with graduates' collaborative skills
QILT Graduate Outcomes Survey 2021
The Graduate Outcomes Survey results show our graduates found employment fast (within four months after completing their course) and earning more than other Australian university graduates:
- Undergraduate full-time employment – 83.4% (second highest result of Australian universities)
- Undergraduate full-time salary – A$70 000 (third highest result of Australian universities)
QILT ComparED 2021
ComparED uses QILT data to compare the quality of higher education institutions. The latest results show we outperformed other Australian universities in many categories, from employment and starting salary through to support, overall student experience and quality of teaching and learning.
Employment and salary
|Undergraduate full-time employment||79%||70%|
|Postgraduate coursework full-time employment||89.5%||85.8%|
|Undergraduate employment (any kind including part-time or casual)||89.2%||85.6%|
|Postgraduate coursework employment (any kind including part-time or casual)||93.6%||91.7%|
|Undergraduate median salary||$69 000||$64 000|
|Postgraduate coursework median salary||$97 800||$87 700|
|Support and experience||CQUniversity||Australian average|
|Undergraduate student support||77.9%||73.9%|
|Postgraduate coursework student support||75%||74.3%|
|Undergraduate overall student experience||76.5%||73.5%|
|Postgraduate coursework overall student experience||73.7%||72%|
|Teaching, learning and facilities||CQUniversity||Australian average|
|Undergraduate teaching quality||81.8%||79.5%|
|Postgraduate coursework teaching quality||79.8%||79.2%|
|Undergraduate facilities and resources||82%||80.3%|
|Postgraduate coursework skills development||83.2%||79.5%|
The Good Universities Guide 2023 ratings show CQUniversity has achieved five stars, the highest possible rating, in a number of important categories outlined below. These ratings have placed us in the top 20 per cent of universities in Australia.
- #1 in Australia for social equity
- #3 in Australia for undergraduate full-time employment and starting salary
- #5 in Australia for undergraduate overall student experience and teaching quality
- #7 in Australia for postgraduate full-time employment and starting salary
- #5 in Australia for postgraduate skills development
The table highlights various educational experience measures by study areas where CQUniversity is rated in the top 10 nationally.
Educational experience measures
|Agriculture and Environmental Studies||Undergraduate|
#6 for full-time employment
Business and Management
|Built environment||Undergraduate |
#1 for full-time employment
#1 for median salary
#4 for student support
#4 for teaching quality
#4 for overall student experience
#6 for skills development
#10 for teaching quality
#10 for learning resources
Computing and Information Systems
Education and Training
Engineering and Technology
|Health Services and Support|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||Undergraduate|
#7 in Australia for student support
#5 in Australia for overall student experience
#7 in Australia for median salary
#6 for median salary
#6 for teaching quality
#2 for teaching quality
#5 for overall student experience
#8 for skills development
CQU topped the 2022 Canstar Blue’s list of most satisfied students in Queensland. The University also received five stars for the following criteria:
- quality of education
- opportunities and prospects after graduation
- learning resources
- teaching staff.
For more information, visit the Canstar Blue website.
CQUniversity’s strengths in a number of subject areas have been recognised in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings by subject 2021.
CQUniversity is ranked as one of the top 600 universities globally in the subject area of Business and Economics. Making the 501–600 reaffirms the popularity and value of the University’s accounting, business, economics, finance and management-related courses, some of which come with unique internship opportunities developed to provide international students with relevant work experience during their studies and maximise their workforce readiness.
Other significant achievements include:
- 301–400 in Psychology, which includes Social Work.
- 401–500 in Education, which includes Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary.
- 501–600 in Business and Economics, which includes Accounting and Finance.
- 601–800 in Engineering and Technology.
We are also recognised for our research and teaching strengths in the fields of Clinical and Health, and Social Sciences.
CQUniversity has been awarded overall five stars in the highly-regarded, globally-recognised QS Stars Rating system. This world-class result highlights the University's growth from a four-star institution in 2019.
The University received five stars for four important indicators: Employability, Facilities, Internationalisation and Teaching.
This indicator encompasses more than academic strength, focusing on 'work-readiness'. CQUniversity’s courses are designed alongside industry and embed practical work integrated learning such as internships. Our career services are some of the best in a university setting, with careers focused services including CQUni Career Connection, CQUni Careers and CareerHub to help prospective and current students and graduates of the University in their job searching and career development.
This indicator looks at university infrastructure such as sporting, IT, library, medical facilities and student societies. CQUniversity continues to invest millions in capital works to create the best possible teaching and learning experience for students and staff. Our campuses feature fully equipped libraries and computer labs, allied health clinic and other clinical learning labs, aviation and engineering precincts, multi-faith centre as well as student accommodation. Our social spaces span student lounges for recreational activity, swimming pool, tennis court and gyms.
This indicator looks at the proportion of international students and staff, the numbers of exchange students, student nationalities, international partnerships and religious facilities. CQUniversity's global outlook and diversity grow from strength to strength. We are the preferred education provider for students from over 85 countries. We commit to world-class global mobility programs, overseas placements and international partnerships. We have representative offices offshore in India and Indonesia. Our presence in Indonesia continues to flourish with a training centre and a full campus in the near future.
This indicator determines teaching quality from student feedback in national student surveys as well as through further study rate and student faculty ratio. Our small class sizes and excellent student feedback have contributed to our five-star rating. Our positive student satisfaction levels are a testament to the commitment and high calibre of staff. Many teachers are also practitioners and active researchers – they innovate and incorporate their practice and research into classroom teaching and across the wider university and beyond.
QS Stars is a rating system that assesses how universities perform against key indicators to help students select the right university. For more information on how CQUniversity performed in this system, visit the QS Stars website.
The Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2018–19 results show CQUniversity is conducting research rated as at, above, and well above world standard across 22 various research categories.
The ERA initiative is developed and managed by the Australian Research Council (ARC) as a major funder of public sector research. It assesses research quality within Australia's higher education institutions using a combination of indicators and expert review by committees comprising experienced and internationally recognised experts.
The ongoing success demonstrates CQUniversity as a leader in translational and impactful research that has direct benefits for industry, community and stakeholders, creating a rewarding research experience.
CQUniversity is rated 'well above world standard' in:
- Mathematical Sciences
- Applied Mathematics
- Horticultural Production
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Psychology and Cognitive Sciences
- Other Psychology and Cognitive Sciences
CQUniversity is rated 'above world standard' in:
- Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences
- Agricultural, Land and Farm Management
- Public Health and Health Services
CQUniversity is rated 'at world standard' in:
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental Science and Management
- Biological Sciences
- Information and Computing Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Human Movement and Sport Science
- Specialist Studies in Education
For more information and to read the full report, visit the Australian Research Council website.
Our commitment to delivering research that has real impacts on our communities and local industries means research is done differently at CQUniversity. We answer challenges, develop constructive solutions and identify new opportunities in a wide range of disciplines and fields.
Our success in several categories of the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings 2021 acknowledges the quality of CQUni research in areas aligned with the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals.
CQUniversity's commitment to engagement and social outreach has led to CQUniversity being recognised as Australia's first and only Changemaker Campus with Ashoka U, an exclusive global social innovation group, made up of around 40 other high profile education institutions.
All member institutions collaborate with each other to break down barriers to institutional change and foster a campus-wide culture of social innovation.
The Times Higher Education (THE) 2022 Impact Rankings were released recently, assessing universities across the world against the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
CQUniversity performed incredibly well, ranking 83rd out of more than 1,400 institutions worldwide, a jump from being placed in the top 200 in 2021.
CQU performed notably well in the below categories:
- 'life below water' which highlights the amazing world-class research and engagement that the Coastal Marine Ecosystems Research Centre team continues to conduct;
- 'life on land' which highlights the leading role that the Institute for Future Farming Systems team plays in investigating better ways to bolster the productivity and profitability of the livestock and horticulture sectors while reducing environmental impact and restoring vulnerable ecosystems; and
- 'partnerships for the goals' which demonstrates our increased ability to support the development of global sustainability through meaningful partnerships.
For more information, visit the official Times Higher Education website.
CEO Magazine’s Global MBA Rankings 2023
CQUniversity's School of Business has been ranked among the top world's best business schools with its MBA program named in the top tier in the CEO Magazine's annual Global MBA Rankings. The data was drawn from 121 business schools across the US, Europe, Asia, Latin America, New Zealand and Australia.
These rankings were determined by quality of faculty, international diversity, accreditation, faculty-to-student ratio, price, work experience, professional development and delivery methods.
Find out more about CQUniversity's MBA.
CQUniversity’s CQUEnglish took part in the 2022 English Language Barometer among 42 English language centre locations throughout Australia, online and overseas.
CQUEnglish achieved great results, highlights include:
- 97.1% of CQUEnglish students were either satisfied or very satisfied overall, outperforming the sector result of 95.2%.
- 91.9% would recommend CQUEnglish, outperforming the sector average by 3.3%.
- The results for teaching in the Learning section range from 93.2% – 100%, including a perfect score of 100% for our excellent teachers and 98.3% for learning support, performance feedback and assessment.
- In six out of eight teaching categories, CQUEnglish scored higher than the combined satisfaction ranking for all participating University Language Centres. These six categories are: good teachers, course organisation, learning support, performance feedback, marking criteria and assessment.
- In the top five elements that correlate strongly to student happiness, CQUEnglish scored between 93.2% – 98.3%. These elements are: course organisation, performance feedback, course content, learning spaces and learning support.
The English Language Barometer is facilitated by i-graduate and is the global benchmark instrument used to track the English language centres student experience.