Graduate Diploma of Project Management
|Duration||1 year full-time, 2 years part-time|
|Next start term||Term 3, 2023|
|Study mode||On Campus, Online|
By studying the Graduate Diploma in Project Management you will undertake coursework that explores the principles of project management as based on recognised international standards, guidelines and frameworks. Examples of different project domains are explored through case studies.
Each case study will enable you to explore the application of project management closely aligned to your chosen career path. The units develop technical skills in the initiation, bidding, tendering, planning, design, procurement, execution, reporting, commissioning, hand over, and post-project support of projects. Human skills in stakeholder management, communication, team building, negotiation, and the support of ongoing professional career development are integrated into the coursework material and assessments.
You will develop skills to further your project management career, as well as pursue other disciplines such as business, engineering, health, and information communications technology (ICT).
Mission Statement for CQUniversity’s project management courses
CQUniversity’s School of Engineering and Technology believe project management is a lifestyle and is committed to improving the world for current and future generations through outstanding teaching and learning, scholarship and practice. We carry out this mission through world-class, project management education, based on global standards and cutting-edge research conducted in the discipline, in order to skill and educate the next generation of project managers.
Vision for CQUniversity’s project management courses
Our vision is to be a global leader in project management education, embracing engagement and innovation, with a can-do attitude. As part of this vision, we are transparent in our communication with our stakeholders, we are inclusive, and strive to cultivate our greatness by offering project management courses for everyone. The Project Management team at CQUniversity strives to be a leader by hiring and promoting people who are leaders, developing them, and developing a culture where leaders influence non-conventional thinking.
Career opportunities are endless for project management graduates and you could find employment in many industries, such as engineering, business, IT, construction, health, government, mining, transportation and many others. The course will boost your career advancement prospects and provide a competitive advantage for you in the marketplace.
Structure & Availability
You are required to complete seven core units and one elective from the list provided.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Term 3, 2023||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 1, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 2, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 3, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 1, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 2, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 3, 2024||Available Online|
Majors and minors are not applicable to this course.
Learned Society - Project Management Institute Inc
The CV81 Graduate Diploma of Project Management course is internationally accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Centre for Project Management Education Programs (GAC).
Students and graduates are entitled to benefits and resources from the PMI.
Not applicable for this course.
IELTS Academic: 6.0 with no individual band score of less than 5.5
TOEFL Internet-based: Overall score of 75 with no score less than 17
Pearson Test of English Academic: Overall score of 54 with no score less than 46
- A bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian university or college, or equivalent;
- or a CQUniversity Graduate Certificate in Project Management, or equivalent.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$16,200|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$32,400|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
How to apply
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.