Master of Medical Ultrasound
|Duration||1 year full-time, 2 years part-time, 5 years maximum|
|Next start term||Anytime|
For those with a Graduate Diploma in Medical Sonography or equivalent, with two years of clinical experience, this course provides the specialist theoretical knowledge in advanced clinical practice and foundational skills to undertake medical science research. From advanced musculoskeletal sonography, advanced fetal echocardiography to advanced communication, clinical education and more, you will learn from skilled Medical Ultrasound experts at the pace you prefer. This course is hyperflexible providing you with the choice of how and when you study. Upon graduation, you will have enhanced your expertise in medical ultrasound and broadened your career opportunities in the public and private health sectors.
The Master of Medical Ultrasound course provides the opportunity for qualified medical sonographers with a Graduate Diploma level qualification and two years clinical experience as a qualified sonographer to undertake professional development and theoretical learning.
This coursework Master is a top-up qualification from the Graduate Diploma of Medical Sonography (or equivalent). It enables you to broaden your knowledge in areas of advanced clinical sonographic practice and research. This includes advanced clinical practice knowledge in a range of specialised areas plus, a unit dedicated to foundation skills and knowledge for medical science research.
Theoretical content will be provided by flexible online learning.
In the Master of Medical Ultrasound, students will undertake units in advanced practice in disciplines of their choice. This will see graduates enhancing their career advancement opportunities as specialists in their chosen area and being highly employable in their field of expertise across both the private and public sectors.
Structure & Availability
You must complete the compulsory core unit MEDS29007 Medical Science Research Project (12 credit points).
You must also complete three units from the below list to total 36 credit points.
- MEDS29003 Upper Body Advanced Musculoskeletal Sonography (12 credit points)
- MEDS29004 Lower Body Advanced Musculoskeletal Sonography (12 credit points)
- MEDS29002 Advanced Fetal Echocardiography (12 credit points)
- MEDS29005 Advanced Vascular Sonography (12 credit points)
- MEDS29001 Advanced Obstetric and Paediatric Sonography (12 credit points)
- MEDS29006 Advanced Communication and Clinical Education (12 credit points)
|Hyperflexible Annual Term, 2023||Available Online|
|Hyperflexible Annual Term, 2024||Available Online|
When you study this course via our flexible online Be Different learning platform, not only will you study high-quality course content delivered by our supportive Medical Ultrasound educators, but you also get to set the pace. You are not bound by our traditional term dates, such as Term 1 (March) or Term 2 (July) and you can submit your assessments at any time over the duration of the course.
The course is open for applications all year round so you can start your studies anytime. Once enrolled, you will have access to all of the unit material to work through in any order you choose.
Majors and minors are not applicable to this course.
This course has no residential schools.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must supply:
· A completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent Graduate Diploma of Medical Sonography; and
· Letter/s of employment demonstrating a minimum of two years clinical experience as a Medical Sonographer
Letters of employment must be presented on a company letterhead and be signed and dated by a delegated authority. Please ensure that the letter contains your full name, position title, duties performed, hours per week, and length of service.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University. Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
· A secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
· An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma level qualification, or
· Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
Completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below:
· An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 overall with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
· Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall & minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
· Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
· An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study and must appear on a single result certificate.
If you are an International student please visit International students English requirements for further information.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Indicative Fees
|Domestic Full Fee Paying – Indicative First Year Fee||$8,300|
Government assistance loans
You may be eligible for FEE-HELP, an Australian Government loan scheme that you can use to defer payments for all or part of your tuition fees. Provided you meet eligibility criteria, you can choose to defer part or all of your tuition fees. Learn more about paying for university.
Other study costs
There may be additional costs as part of your studies, such as technology expenses. Other study costs
How to apply
If you have decided what you would like to study and are ready to apply, we’re here to help you along the way. Before you apply, you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you do not have a USI, creating one is quick and easy. Simply visit usi.gov.au to create one.
Want to know more about application dates and other admission information?
View our important dates information and read about other admission considerations such as information for domestic students with overseas qualifications, indigenous support, and elite athlete, coach and performer support.
APPLY DIRECTLY TO CQUNIVERSITY
To apply for this course, submit your application directly to CQUniversity using the Apply button below.