School of Business and Law
I am pleased to welcome you to the School of Business and Law (SBL). Whether you are a high-school leaver or returning to study, SBL will assist you to achieve your study and career goals. The University is a dual sector provider and SBL delivers content from a Certificate I to a Doctor of Philosophy.
CQUniversity students graduate with the job-ready experience and practical skills employers seek. Data shows recent CQUni undergraduate business and management alumni reported excellent employment and salary outcomes within four months of completing their degree (ComparED). SBL has consistently been rated strongly by our graduates in learner support and this is reflected in our graduates finding full-time work quicker and with higher starting salaries (Good Universities Guide 2021).
Many of our academic staff have worked in the private sector and we conduct research and/or consult across the private, public, and not for profit sector. This experience coupled with our industry advisory boards means that we understand the changing nature of work
- VET qualifications in Business Studies, Human Resource Management, Accounting and Justice Studies,
- Undergraduate courses in Business with several majors, Accounting, Law and Property and these courses are accredited with a number of industry bodies such as; Certified Practicing Accountants, Legal Practitioners Admissions Board, Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA), Financial Planning Association, Australian Human Resources Institute and the Australian Property Institute.
- Bachelor of Business students may be eligible to study a Masters level minor in a cognate discipline to develop a depth of knowledge that will make them uniquely attractive to employers.
- At the postgraduate level, we offer Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters level courses:
- Master of Business Management,
- Master of Professional Accounting,
- Master of Management for Engineers, and
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) ranked 8th in The Australian Financial Review Boss MBA 2019 Rankings and Tier One Global MBA by CEO Magazine in 2022
Many or our degrees allow for internship opportunities enabling our students to gain valuable practical skills.
We are focused on sustainable business practice and to this end we are a signatory to the Principles of Responsible Management Education and our content samples across the Sustainable Development Goals.
Our courses can be accessed via traditional classroom modes or online via our renowned online study mode. As an online student, you may drop in at any one of our campuses located across the nation for support, assistance, and advice.
We look forward to being your education and career partner. Should you have any questions please contact us.
Professor Lee Di Milia
Dean, School of Business and Law