As part of our approach to education, we focus on being innovative and forward-thinking ensuring that we lead market trends in education, upskilling and capacity building. Through our courses, connections and communities, our students are exposed and encouraged to think critically about and address matters that align with the themes of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), leading to a more sustainable future.
How to study climate science and environmental sustainability at CQU
Bachelor of Agriculture - this degree will equip you with the agriculture knowledge, critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to play important professional roles in improving the productivity and sustainability of modern agriculture.
Bachelor of Environmental Science - this degree will equip you with the agriculture knowledge, critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to play important professional roles in improving environmental sustainability for land and water ecosystems.
Bachelor of Science - this degree will equip you with the agriculture knowledge, critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to play important professional roles in improving environmental sustainability.
Integrated within these degrees are multiple avenues for students to learn and practice theory and skills in land and water ecosystems. This content includes term-long units of study such as Integrated Land and Water Management and Sustainable Landscapes and can cover focused elements within broader units of study. The Bachelor of Environmental Science degree includes a major in "Integrated land and water management", reflecting a strong focus on the interrelationship between land use and aquatic systems, and how best to manage them.
Each of the above-mentioned courses provides opportunities for students to complete Work Integrated Learning relevant to the field of study.
- BOTN13002 - Plants and the environment
- EDCU12041 - Sustainability through active citizenship
- EDEC11030 - Teaching Health and Sustainability in the Early Years
- ENTC13011 - Environmental Engineering
- ENVR11014- Environmental Monitoring
- ENVR12001 - Soil Science and Conservation
- EVST11001 - Development and Environmental Policy
- EVST13016- Catchment to Reef Management
- EVST19007 - Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- EVST19015 - Australian Environmental History
- EVST19020 - Environmental Management Systems
- EVST19021 - Sustainability Issues and Solutions
- EVST19022 - Climate Change : Risk and Assessments
- GEOG11024 - Conservation in Australia
- GEOG13013 - Sustainable Regions and Cities
- LAWS13024 - Law and the Environment
- PBHL13001 - Public Health and Environmental Sustainability
- SUST11001 - The Changing World and Sustainability
Industry, partnerships and communities
Industry, partnerships and our communities are integral to CQUniversity's growth and sustainability. We have an embedded engagement agenda that drives interaction with our many partners, communities and stakeholders to create social, intellectual and cultural capital through education, training, research, and service.