How to Apply
Select the Start TAFE Now Course Options tile on the Start TAFE Now Homepage and select your desired course
Select the How to Apply button on the course page followed by Apply Now
Select the Start TAFE Now applicant tile
Register for a new student ID or login with your current ID
Continue through the Start TAFE Now Application portal to submit your application. You will need to attach your signed Start Now Study Authorisation Form before submitting your application. If you are applying for ACM20121 you must also attach the completed Vocational Agreement Employer Pack (refer to entry requirements information on the course page)
Complete your Basic Key Skills Builder (BKSB). The BKSB is a Maths and English competency test that provides an overview of your learning strengths so that we are able to support you during your studies at CQUniversity.
What to expect after applying
After submitting your application, you will receive the following emails:
- Application acknowledgement
- Request to complete BKSB
- Outcome of your application.
If your application is successful you will also receive a welcome email with the confirmation of your enrolment and STN resources.
Your application will not be assessed until completed in full with all supporting documentation and completion of BKSB.
Applications for 2024 will commence from 22 August 2023. For the 2024 application dates visit the Start TAFE Now Key Dates 2024.
Study period name
Due date to apply
|August Intake||Monday 31 July 2023||Monday 7 August 2023|
|September Intake||Monday 4 September 2023||Monday 11 September 2023|
|October Intake||Monday 2 October 2023||Monday 9 October 2023|
|November Intake||Monday 30 October 2023||Monday 6 November 2023|
|December Intake||Monday 5 December 2023||Monday 11 December 2023|
The following Start TAFE Now course will open on 22 August 2023 (10am AEST) via Apply Online. Applications will be accepted from 10am (AEST). Please note that applications submitted prior to 10am (AEST) will not be accepted.Applications will close once quota places are met, or the closing date for the relevant intake, whichever is sooner.
The following Start TAFE Now course will open on 22 August 2023 via an Expression of Interest process via email. Applications will close 8 September 2023.
The information below supports high school students interested in undertaking the CQU Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start) course in 2024 through the Start TAFE Now (STN) program. Note: This course has entry requirements that are different to our other STN course offerings. Please do not apply through CQU Apply Online for this course.
- Commencing Year 11 2024 or Year 12 2024 students only(Important: Prior to applying, Year 12 2024 students should consider the commitment required in order to complete the course requirements and any impacts upon their QCE)
- Provision of supporting documentation:-Written statement from the student (maximum 1-page) outlining the their career aspirations and how the Certificate II in Electrotechnology course will assist them in achieving this.-Letter of recommendation from the high school on school letterhead. (e.g. from appropriate senior staff member involved in approval and/or discussions regarding senior school subject planning).
- Enrolment within course specific region:
- Places in the Gladstone region course availability will only be available to students attending Gladstone region high schools (Mt Larcom, Gladstone, Miriam Vale, Agnes, Calliope and Biloela).
- Places in the Rockhampton region course availability will only be available to students attending Rockhampton region high schools (Yeppoon, Rockhampton, Gracemere and Mt Morgan areas).
Note: Conditional offers will be made to successful applicants upon recommendation from CQU Selection Panel. BKSB testing will be required from applicants once offer is made.
To apply, applicants should email the Schools Engagement team (email@example.com) within the noted application period, and include all supporting documentation as identified below. Supporting documents required:
- Start Now Study Authorisation Form;
- Letter of recommendation from High School on school letterhead;
- Written statement (max 1-page) outlining the student's career aspirations and how the course will assist in achieving this.
All of the above documents must be provided in order for applications to be considered.
Application Review Process
- CQU application review period will occur from the 11th September to 6th October, 2023.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application after the review period (successful or unsuccessful).
- Successful applicants will be required to complete further pre-enrolment steps, including items such as confirmation of fees and BKSB. They will have until 13th October 2023 to complete this.
- Successful applicants who have met those other pre-enrolment requirements will be enrolled and have their place confirmed by 20th October 2023.
Start TAFE Now Course Options
We offer a wide range of both subsidised and non-subsidised courses as part of our Start TAFE Now program.
Start TAFE Now Eligibility Requirements
Explore the eligibility requirements for starting your study in high school with Start TAFE Now.
Start TAFE Now Information for Schools and Parents
Find all the information you need to help support your students or children to understand the options available with Start TAFE Now.