How To Apply for Housing
Future CQUniversity Students
You can apply for housing with us at any time through our Student Residences Accommodation Portal. You can apply for long term residency or a shorter stay at either Rockhampton or Mackay.
The online application will step you through the relevant information you're required to provide as well as show the room type options and facilities at each location. We've included a photo gallery and virtual tours so you can get to know the colleges.
During the application process, you'll be required to pay the applicable fee and supply the following:
- personal contact information (including nationality, country of citizenship if applicable)
- emergency contact and next of kin information
- any special requirements including medical conditions, physical disability and/or dietary requirements
- a current passport style photo
- vehicle registration details
Each application is considered on its own merit and the Student Residences Management team retains the right to accept or deny any application for admission to Student Residences.
Returning CQUni Students
To re-apply please submit your application and pay the applicable fee via our Student Residences Accommodation Portal.
You can apply for the accommodation for the upcoming term at any time, however, please aim to have your application completed and submitted two weeks prior to your term commencement date. Each application is considered on its own merit and the Student Residences Management team retains the right to accept or deny any application for admission to Student Residences.
Residential School and Short Term Accommodation
Bookings for Short Stays are available for residential schools or placements in Mackay or Rockhampton. Enjoy all the benefits of staying on campus at great student rates.
- Safe and secure environment
- Walking distance to campus
- Free Wi-Fi in rooms and study spaces
- Opportunity to interact with students who have a similar focus
- Convenient living on campus
The cost of short stay on-campus accommodation for 1-4 nights ranges from :-
- Mackay - $75 - $100 per night (self-catered)
- Rockhampton - $89 - $125 per night (fully catered - 3 meals per day)
For longer stays, contact us for a discounted rate. Email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your check in and check out dates and the team will advise on room availability and prices.
For further information, please email our CQUniversity Student Residences team email@example.com or by contacting directly at the below Colleges:
CQUniversity Rockhampton North Campus
Phone: +61 7 4930 9764
Address: Building 51, 554 - 700 Yaamba Road, North Rockhampton QLD 4701
CQUniversity Mackay Ooralea Campus
Phone: +61 7 4940 7426
Address: Building 50, 151/153 Boundary Rd, Ooralea QLD 4740