Future CQUniversity students
Apply for housing at any time through our Student Residences Accommodation Portal. You can apply for long-term residency or a shorter stay at either Rockhampton or Mackay.
The online application will step you through the relevant information you're required to provide as well as show the room type options and facilities at each location. We've included a photo gallery and virtual tours so you can get to know the colleges.
During the application process, you'll be required to pay the applicable fee and supply the following:
- personal contact information (including nationality, country of citizenship if applicable)
- emergency contact and next of kin information
- any special requirements including medical conditions, physical disability, and/or dietary requirements
- a current passport-style photo
- vehicle registration details
Each application is considered on its own merit and the Student Residences Management team retains the right to accept or deny any application for admission to Student Residences.
Returning CQUni students
To re-apply please submit your application and pay the applicable fee via our Student Residences Accommodation Portal.
You can apply for the accommodation for the upcoming term at any time, however, please aim to have your application completed and submitted two weeks prior to your term commencement date. Each application is considered on its own merit and the Student Residences Management team retains the right to accept or deny any application for admission to Student Residences.
Residential school and short-term accommodation
Bookings for Short Stays are available for residential schools or placements in Mackay or Rockhampton. Enjoy all the benefits of staying on campus at great student rates.
- Safe and secure environment
- Walking distance to campus
- Free Wi-Fi in rooms and study spaces
- Opportunity to interact with students who have a similar focus
- Convenient living on campus
The cost of short-stay on-campus accommodation for 1-4 nights ranges from:
- Mackay - $79 - $100 per night (self-catered)
- Rockhampton - $95 - $133 per night (fully catered - 3 meals per day)
For longer stays, contact us for a discounted rate. Email a request to email@example.com with your check-in and check-out dates and the team will advise on room availability and prices.
The fees for living on-campus vary depending on the type of accommodation – we’ve detailed everything in the fee schedule.
What's Included in the Fees?
- all utilities (water, electricity, gas, etc);
- Residential Life program
- cleaning of common rooms and bathrooms,
- a variety of facilities including additional study rooms, TV and recreational rooms, car parking, bike storage, sports and more
What's not Included?
- Application fee - $100 for new residents; $50 for returning residents
- Facility Levy - $335 at the commencement of each booking.
Please ensure to review the Terms and Conditions of Residency.
CQUniversity Rockhampton North Campus
Phone: +61 7 4930 9764
Address: Building 51, 554 - 700 Yaamba Road, North Rockhampton QLD 4701
CQUniversity Mackay Ooralea Campus
Phone: +61 7 4940 7426
Address: Building 50, 151/153 Boundary Rd, Ooralea QLD 4740