Postgraduate and Honours Degrees
You can apply direct to CQU to study an eligible postgraduate or honours course.
HOW TO APPLY DIRECT TO CQU
There are a few different ways to get to the apply direct portal at CQU. You can either:
- Visit the how to apply information on your course page, select ‘apply direct’ and follow the prompts
- Visit the CQU Handbook, choose your course and select the ‘apply now’ button, Then choose the ‘apply direct’ option and follow the prompts
- Go straight to the apply direct portal and follow the prompts to complete your application.
You will need to either login or create a new account to begin your direct application with CQU. If you need some help, view the application instructions or phone 13 27 86.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CQUniversity offers Term 1, Term 2 (also known as mid-year) and Term 3 intakes for many courses. Check out the term dates.
Please refer to our course listings for more information about course intake dates.
Application closing dates are generally two weeks prior to the commencement of each term. Some courses have variations to the standard closing date. Please refer to the important dates for further infotrmation.
Late applications may be considered if places are available.
The postgraduate online application process takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete and includes the following steps:
- Answer two short questions to determine if you can use the online application process.
- Select the course, campus/study mode and admission term that you would like to apply for.
- Provide your personal details, education history and employment history.
- Submit your application, at which point you will receive a cover sheet detailing the supporting information that you will need to supply to in order to complete your application. You will need to submit your supporting documentation within 14 days for your application to be considered.
If you need some help, view the application instructions or phone 13 27 86.
The selection process is based on eligibility and/or merit.
- Eligibility relates to whether or not you meet the minimum entry requirements for a course including English language proficiency.
- If you have previously studied at university, merit is expressed as Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Please refer to our course page for more information about minimum entry requirements and merit indications for our courses.
We understand everyone's circumstances and are committed to making education and training accessible by offering many alternative pathways to University. If you are unsure you meet the eligibility and merit requirements for your desired course, please contact us via 13 27 86 to discuss your options.
You may be eligible for credit transfer (also known as course credits, recognition of prior learning, or exemptions) if you are able to demonstrate appropriate prior learning or experience.
Depending on the outcome of your application, you may be made an offer to study at CQUniversity.
If you choose to accept your offer, you will then be able to enrol in the courses or units that belong to your course. CQUniversity supports you with the Enrolment Made Easy website online service to keep you on track.
If you do not receive an offer to your preferred course contact us via 13 27 86 to discuss your options.
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and master degrees
Please note if you are not a past CQU student, you will need to apply via QTAC for the Master of Teaching (Early Childhood), Master of Teaching (Primary) and Master of Teaching (Secondary).