CPC32413 - Certificate III in Plumbing
At a glance
This qualification provides a trade outcome in plumbing.
|Availability||Mackay Ooralea, Rockhampton City,|
|Full course cost||$14,994.00|
Subsidy is only available for Apprentices
Hours of Study
Career OpportunitiesLicensed Plumber, Drainer and Gasfitter
This course is for apprenticeship training only. Students must be employed as apprentices in a relevant industry.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Is what I already know taken into account?
Yes. Your history of study, skills and experience does matter. Consideration is given to your prior life and work experiences as well as formal and informal training. This may be applied using the national standard for Mutual Recognition or through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Documentary evidence will be requested.
Structure and assessment
Standard Course Structure
- Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding (CPCCCM2008B)
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry (CPCCOHS2001A)
- Carry out interactive workplace communication (CPCPCM2039A)
- Read plans and calculate plumbing quantities (CPCPCM2040A)
- Work effectively in the plumbing and services sector (CPCPCM2041A)
- Carry out WHS requirements (CPCPCM2043A)
- Handle and store plumbing materials (CPCPCM2045A)
- Use plumbing hand and power tools (CPCPCM2046A)
- Cut using oxy-LPG-acetylene equipment (CPCPCM2049A)
- Weld using oxy-acetylene equipment (CPCPCM2052A)
- Weld using manual metal arc welding equipment (CPCPCM2053A)
- Provide basic emergency life support (HLTFA211A)
Part Roofing Stream
- Cut and join sheet metal (CPCPCM2048A)
- Mark out materials (CPCPCM2050A)
- Work safely on roofs (CPCPCM2055A)
- Flash penetrations through roofs and walls (CPCPCM3021A)
- Select and install roof sheeting and wall cladding (CPCPRF2022A)
- Collect and store roof water (CPCPRF2023A)
- Fabricate and install roof drainage components (CPCPRF3022A)
- Fabricate and install external flashings (CPCPRF3023A)
- Install composite roof systems (CPCPRF3026A)
- Fabricate and install non-ferrous pressure piping (CPCPCM3023A)
- Fabricate and install fire hydrant and hose reel systems (CPCPFS3031A)
- Test and maintain fire hydrant and hose reel installations (CPCPFS3038A)
- Connect and install storage tanks to a domestic water supply (CPCPWT3020A)
- Set out and install water services (CPCPWT3021A)
- Install and adjust water service controls and devices (CPCPWT3022A)
- Install and commission water heating systems (CPCPWT3023A)
- Install and maintain domestic water treatment equipment (CPCPWT3024A)
- Install water pumpsets (CPCPWT3025A)
- Fit off and commission heated and cold water services (CPCPWT3026A)
- Connect irrigation systems from drinking water supply (CPCPWT3027A)
- Carry out levelling (CPCPCM2047A)
- Carry out simple concreting and rendering (CPCPCM2054A)
- Locate and clear blockages (CPCPDR2021A)
- Install domestic treatment plants (CPCPDR2022A)
- Maintain effluent disinfection systems (CPCPDR2023A)
- Install stormwater and sub-soil drainage systems (CPCPDR2024A)
- Drain work site (CPCPDR2025A)
- Install prefabricated inspection openings and enclosures (CPCPDR2026A)
- Plan layout of a residential sanitary drainage system (CPCPDR3021A)
- Install below ground sanitary drainage systems (CPCPDR3022A)
- Install on-site disposal systems (CPCPDR3023A)
- Install pre-treatment facilities (CPCPSN3025A)
- Install trench support (RIICCM210A)
- Weld polyethylene and polypropylene pipes using fusion method (CPCPCM3022A)
- Plan layout of a residential sanitary plumbing system (CPCPSN3011B)
- Install discharge pipes (CPCPSN3022A)
- Fabricate and install sanitary stacks (CPCPSN3023A)
- Install and fit off sanitary fixtures (CPCPSN3024A)
- Install LPG systems in caravans, mobile homes and mobile workplaces (CPCPGS3046A)
- Install LPG systems in marine craft (CPCPGS3047A)
- Install gas pressure control equipment (CPCPGS3048A)
- Install Type A gas appliance flues (CPCPGS3049A)
- Purge consumer piping (CPCPGS3051A)
- Maintain Type A gas appliances (CPCPGS3052A)
- Disconnect and reconnect Type A gas appliances (CPCPGS3053A)
- Calculate and install natural ventilation for Type A gas appliances (CPCPGS3054A)
- Install gas sub-meters (CPCPGS3055A)
- Install gas piping systems (CPCPGS3056A)
- Size consumer gas piping systems (CPCPGS3057A)
- Install LPG storage of aggregate storage capacity up to 500 litres (CPCPGS3059A)
- Install LPG storage of aggregate storage capacity exceeding 500 litres and less than 8KL (CPCPGS3060A)
- Install and commission Type A gas appliances (CPCPGS3061A)
To view more information about these units, as well as the suggested study plan, please visit the handbook.
This course is for apprentices only.
Fees and scholarships
Full course cost: $14,994.00
Unit cost: $238.00
Subsidy is only available for Apprentices
The Queensland Government determines the schedule set by CQUniversity. Additional fees may be charged for printed materials, protective clothing and tools etc. A full copy of all regulations associated with VET fees can be accessed from the Queensland Government Legislation website.
All fees must be paid to finalise enrolment or a payment arrangement entered into. You will be liable for all payments, even if you discontinue enrolment, subject to the Refund Policy. Debt recovery action will be taken to recover outstanding fees. Please select from the following:
- VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans will commence from 1 January 2017 and is an interest free Australian Government income contingency loan that assists eligible full fee paying students to pay their Tuition Fees.
- VET Government funded programs
The cost of these programs is based on a student contribution fee. A concession may be available in some situations. Additional resource/material costs will vary from program to program.
- VET fee-for-service programs (full fee paying)
These are competitively priced full-fee paying programs which do not attract concessions.
Please refer to the scholarship pages for more information.
How to Apply
How do I secure an apprenticeship or traineeship?
Traineeships and apprenticeships need to be secured with an employer before you can start your study. Your employer will then work with CQUniversity to pull together the training program that is right for you. If you would like to become an apprentice or trainee, visit the Australian Government Australian Apprenticeships website and follow the steps to become an apprentice.