Master of Business Management - CL21
CQUniversity’s Master of Business Management is designed for current and aspiring managers to develop a strong business acumen, financial literacy and excellent interpersonal skills to progress in your management career. With a solid foundation in management topics, and the option to specialise in international business, marketing, human resource management, hospital and health services management or leading organisational change, you will be well equipped to strategically manage organisations in the modern business environment, across any sector.
If you are a current professional with a completed bachelor or honours degree in a related discipline, this is an ideal course for you to advance your career and receive up to four units of credit.
Online, On Campus
2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Online
This course is ideal for new or experienced managers to build on your current business knowledge and gain advanced knowledge of business management and a complementary discipline to suit your industry or career goals.
During the course, you will study discipline-specific core units to equip you for the operational management of contemporary businesses. You will study a broad range of core units from management, effective business communications and human resource management, to marketing, managerial finance and accounting for decision making. You will benefit from a professional practice and career development unit to review superior leadership and managerial competencies and undertake self-reflective practice of your own personal development needs.
Gain specialist knowledge in an area that complements your interests or career goals, through studying one of five available majors, each offering an option to complete an internship to gain industry experience and enhance your professional network. Choose from hospital and health services management, human resource management, international business, leading organisational change, or marketing.
Your learning is enhanced throughout the course through a combination of face-to-face and online discussions, examinations of workplace case studies and an optional business internship in your chosen major.
Enjoy the flexibility to study online or on-campus. Plus, take advantage of CQUni’s three terms across the year to study the Master of Business Management, when and how it suits you.
|Core Units||8||Major Units||8|
You are required to complete 16 units, comprising:
- eight core units
- eight units from one of the below majors
You may select a major in:
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
- Hospital and Health Services Management
- Leading Organisational Change
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
If you want to learn how business works, and like to strategise and manage, a course in business may be for you. There are no limitations to where a business qualification can take you. Choose from a broad spectrum of fields, and develop highly desired, transferable skills such as team work and communication.
BROAD COURSE OPTIONS
CQUniversity’s suite of postgraduate management and MBA degrees provides you with the versatility to study a course that is aligned to your learning needs.
If you are a business professional seeking a qualification to support your experience or you are seeking career advancement, then one of our study options will be a strong fit with your management and leadership aspirations.
Our postgraduate management and Master of Business Administration courses are designed to maximise your management and leadership potential, choose from:
- Graduate Certificate in Management (CH76)
- Master of Business Management (CL21)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (CC51)
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (CC52)
- Master of Business Administration (CL20)
- Master of Business Administration Leadership (CL29)
The Master of Business Management is an innovative degree designed for those who want to become leaders and managers in different industries. The course is designed for professionals of any field to undertake study in business management and advance their skills and knowledge in their chosen field. The course is a discipline-based degree with eight core units covering, Applied Business Research, Accounting, Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing, and Business Communication. You may select an eight-unit major in Marketing, International Business, Leading Organisational Change, Human Resource Management or Hospital and Health Services Management. Your major allows you to gain deep discipline knowledge in your chosen field.
FLEXIBLE STUDY OPTIONS
Benefit from the flexibility to study in a way that suits you with on-campus and online options available. Our Master of Business Management is available to study on campus in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney or online giving you the flexibility to study in a way that suits you.
If you are an online student, you will benefit from the latest in learning technology that keeps you connected and supported throughout your studies.
|Term 1 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 1 - 2023||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 2 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 2 - 2023||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2023||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 1 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 1 - 2023||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2023||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2023||Available Online|
|Hospital and Health Services Management||8|
|Human Resource Management||8|
|Leading Organisational Change||8|
Hospital and Health Services Management
A specific major designed for students who have a background in the hospital and health services management industry, and are looking to advance their career into a more managerial role. This major provides the same foundation in management that all other Master of Business Management students get, as well as units offered by the School of Health, Medical and Allied Sciences, and allows students to gain targeted knowledge around specific management practises in healthcare settings. There is also a focus on emergency and disaster management.
Students looking to move into a HR role, or further their existing careers in human resources will benefit from this major. This major provides a great foundation in all things human resource management, organisational change management and anything to do with the management of people, which is important for managers in today's business environment.International Business
This specialisation focuses on the internationalisation of business, so the units that the students do will revolve around international financial management, international human resource management, global marketing. It's a very global mindset to business, which in these days is becoming more of a challenge. The impact of the pandemic created a big issue for conducting business globally, but we are adapting to that and the international business major students will learn a lot about what businesses are doing in the current day to try to overcome a lot of those challenges.
Leading Organisational Change
A new major developed in response to the COVID-19 crisis. With so many organisations currently undergoing significant change, the need for managers trained in effective strategies to lead organisations through change processes is imperative. Units focus specifically on change management, business analytics, and leadership integrity, this major equips students with the skills needed to make themselves invaluable to organisations undergoing significant change, and see organisations through dramatic changes that may occur.
This popular major provides a great foundation in marketing and has broad applicability. With four dedicated, high-level marketing units, students wanting to advance their career in a marketing role will gain extensive knowledge and experience.
|Business Internship||BUSN20020||This is a 12 Credit Point unit. You will be placed in a company for a 10-week internship requiring 4 days per week working within the host company. You will also undertake an applied research project based on a particular issue within your host organisation. You must undertake this unit as the only unit in the final trimester of your course.|
CQUniversity and our internship partners will find a suitable internship for you. Find out more about our internship program.
- A completed Australian Bachelor degree, or higher Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent qualification.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 or 12, or equivalent), or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full-time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Required 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear n a single result certificate.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Advanced standing of up to 24 credit points may be granted for students who have completed a Bachelor or Honours degree in a related cognate discipline from an Australian tertiary institution or equivalent overseas qualification
There are no specific security requirements for this course.
Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Bachelor degree or equivalent qualifications in any discipline from a recognised tertiary institution.
The Master of Business Management provides specialist management education and training that will enable students to operate as a manager in the international and domestic business spheres. This course combines a comprehensive range of management units with opportunities to choose electives from other fields of interest.
|2022 Indicative Fees|
|International Indicative First Term Fee||$16,260.00|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||$32,520.00|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
We offer a range of scholarships to support international students and encourage you to apply for one that's right for you.