Graduate Certificate in Fatigue Risk Management - CC78
Advance your skills and knowledge in fatigue risk management and meet the growing need across the aviation, rail, road and mining sectors for appropriately qualified individuals to design and implement risk management plans.
The units are run by online study and provide blended staff-guided learning including both online engagement and face-to-face interactions.
1 years part-time
The Graduate Certificate in Fatigue Risk Management is a postgraduate course that aims to develop a comprehensive set of skills and knowledge relating to managing the risks associated with fatigue. The course is designed for, but not exclusive to, people currently working in the industry. The units are run by online study and provide blended staff-guided learning including both online engagement and face-to-face interactions.
As a student in the course, you will learn about safety systems and regulation, human factors and fatigue risk management.
Upon completion, you may continue your learning by enrolling in the Graduate Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety to further specialise. You will have an opportunity to complete authentic learning tasks to contextualise your learning.
|Core Units||3||Major Units||None|
Students are required to successfully complete three units.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
QUALITY EDUCATION, WHEREVER YOU ARE
Between our reputation for learning, teaching and research, our renowned online education offering, and our status as Australia’s largest regional university, rest assured you will get a world-class education when you choose CQUniversity.
A UNI THAT KNOWS CREDIBILITY IS KEY
CQUniversity has achieved some amazing feats and emerged as one of Australia’s truly great universities in under 30 years. We have been ranked among the best in the world for our teaching and learning, and are internationally recognised for our focus on Social Innovation. Our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia, due to our reputation for work integrated learning and industry-aligned courses, and experience some of the nation’s best graduate outcomes in terms of full-time employment and starting salary. CQUni is also regarded as the nation’s most inclusive and engaged university, with our award-winning academic and research staff making a real impact on the communities and industries we serve.
A UNI THAT LEADS IN ONLINE EDUCATION
A pioneer in online study, CQUniversity has more than two decades of experience providing high quality online learning experiences. Benefit from the flexibility to study online in your home country.
A UNI THAT KNOWS CONVENIENCE COUNTS
CQUniversity is truly focused on our students’ needs, and that means responding to what, how and where they want to study. It is why we are now Australia’s largest regional university, with more than 12 metropolitan and regional locations across four states, delivering TAFE and university qualifications in on-campus, online and supported online modes to more than 30 000 students.
A UNI THAT KNOWS YOUR EXPERIENCE MATTERS
CQUniversity’s strong focus on student experience ensures that you are prepared and supported on your student journey. Support services include on-campus or online orientation to assist your transition into university life, course and career advice, financial support options, study support, ongoing assistance through the Student Mentor program, counselling services, support for students with disability or medical conditions, Indigenous student support and more.
|Term 1 - 2023||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2023||Available Online|
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
- A completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent Bachelor degree, or higher equivalent qualification; or
- A completed AQF equivalent Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and a minimum of three years employment experience* in a safety science related role; or
- A minimum of five years management employment experience* in a safety science related role.
*Employment experience must be shown in a letter of employment which is presented on a company letterhead as well as signed and dated by a delegated authority. The letter must contain position title, duties performed and length of service.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University. Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- A secondary qualification *Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma level qualification, or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland or United States of America which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
International Students should visit http://www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Security RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Students who would like to undertake this course but have not attended university level studies previously and do not feel confident in their academic skills may benefit from enrolling in one of the CQUniversity bridging courses such as STEPS to prepare for their studies. Students who have not studied at university previously are also recommended to enrol in GOAS "Getting Optimistic About Study" a free unit which provides additional study skills support.
Recent developments in safety regulation mean that there are very good employment prospects for graduates of the course. Fatigue has recently been classified as an identifiable work-related hazard and organizations in certain industry sectors are now required to present a fatigue management plan under relevant legislation. Preparation of a fatigue risk management plans in aviation, rail, road and mining will require an appropriately qualified individual to assist in the design, implementation and evaluation of this plan. In addition, regulatory agencies tasked with approving fatigue risk management plans will require appropriately trained and knowledgeable professionals.
|2022 Indicative Fees|
|International Indicative First Term Fee||$15,360.00|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||$15,360.00|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
There are no scholarships available for this course.