Associate Degree of Information Technology - CA99
The Associate Degree of Information Technology is an ideal course if you are looking to upskill or start a career as a technology specialist. Accredited by Australian Computer Society (associate level) you will gain foundational knowledge and skills in information technology that can be applied across multiple professions and industries. Tailor your studies to suit your area of interest and select four elective units to expand your knowledge in a complementary discipline such as cyber security, application development, business analysis, blockchain technologies, gaming and more.
On Campus, Online
2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Rockhampton, Sydney, Townsville, Online
An Associate Degree of Information Technology will provide you with a foundation to begin your pursuit of a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic career in the information technology industry.
The core units within this course will provide you with a solid grounding in the core body of information technology knowledge and skills as defined by the Australian Computer Society. The course allows you a wide choice of electives to pursue your area of interest.
By completing an Associate Degree of Information Technology it provides you with a gateway to a wide variety of professions. Information technology specialists are sought-after in nearly every business or organisation and in a range of employment fields ranging from finance, medicine, arts, education, the military and manufacturing to high-tech business.
Benefit from the flexibility to choose the study method that best suits you – on-campus or online study in your home country.
|Core Units||12||Major Units||None|
You are required to complete a total of 16 units including 12 core units and four electives.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
The Diploma, Associate Degree and Bachelor of Information Technology provide you with study options that transition seamlessly.
You have the option to start at any level or work your way up from the diploma through to the bachelor. If you commence with the diploma or associate degree, you will be supported as you progress and will be provided with guidance on selecting the appropriate units to study to ensure your transition is seamless. If you study the Bachelor of Information Technology, the Diploma and Associate Degree are embedded as exit and interim awards.
Our information technology courses prepare you for a fast-paced and dynamic career. Our experienced lecturers and IT teaching team will guide and support you using the latest in learning technology, and provide you with a range of learning experiences that reflect modern practices in IT and ensure you graduate with the skills, knowledge and experience for a successful career in IT.
|Term 1 - 2022||Brisbane Cairns Melbourne Rockhampton Sydney Townsville|
|Term 1 - 2023||Brisbane Cairns Melbourne Rockhampton Sydney Townsville|
|Term 2 - 2022||Brisbane Cairns Melbourne Rockhampton Sydney Townsville|
|Term 2 - 2023||Brisbane Cairns Melbourne Rockhampton Sydney Townsville|
|Term 3 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2023||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 1 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 1 - 2023||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2023||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2023||Available Online|
English (Units 3 & 4, C) or equivalent
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- A secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma level qualification, or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
International Students should visit http://www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information.
Each student will be assessed individually.
On completion of the Associate Degree of Information Technology, you will be able to pursue employment opportunities in many sectors including finance, medicine, arts, education, the military, manufacturing and business, in fields such as:
- computer technology
- business analysis
- data communication
- data entry
- database management
- internet and web development
- network and communication technology
- project management support
- software development
- systems analysis.
Australian Computer Society (ACS) - Associate level.
Please note: the ACS accredits each campus individually, therefore students should check the current status of accreditation for newly established locations.
For enquiries concerning eligibility or membership, please refer to the ACS official website:
|2022 Indicative Fees|
|International Indicative First Term Fee||$16,680.00|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||$33,360.00|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
|Victoria||ONL: 1700110221; MEL: 1700210221|
|Queensland||ONL: 850935; TVL: 800939; CNS: 820939; ROK: 850931; BNE: 880931|
|New South Wales||ONL: 160161; SYD: 160160|
|South Australia||ONL: 5C5009|
|Western Australia||ONL: 150161|
If you apply via a Tertiary Admissions Centre (TAC) listed under 'How to Apply', please use the relevant TAC code listed above to complete your application.