Graduate Certificate in Public Health
|Duration||0.5 years full-time, 1 year part-time|
|Next start term||Term 1, 2024|
|Study mode||On Campus, Online|
The Graduate Certificate in Public Health is an innovative and unique course designed for community-minded individuals from any background (not just medical) who want to make a real difference to the health of communities local, national, and global.
Designed for any community-minded individual from any background, this innovative course is based on the social-ecological model of health. In this course you will begin to examine the "Why's of the Why's" of community health beyond the traditional medical model, and into the social factors that affect community health.
This course is suitable for you if you're working in any role in a community-focused industry, or are simply interested in expanding your knowledge on the societal factors that influence health outcomes and want to make a real difference in your community. You will also have the opportunity to select two electives from other public health units to best suit your interests and needs.
- Authentic Learning Experiences
- Experienced Teaching Team
- Seamless Pathways
I enjoyed my course because of the teachers, classmates and the support provided. It was good to be challenged in class discussions and to see a different point of view about my job and knowledge. My time at CQU was full of discoveries, not only theoretically but personally too.
Graduate Certificate in Public Health I Brazil
The Graduate Certificate in Public Health prepares graduates for work in community-based and community-led services and organisations. You can also work on projects for government and non-government organisations relating to a number of health fields including health promotion and health administration.
Structure & Availability
You are required to complete four core units of which two can be selected from a specified list of units.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Term 1, 2024||Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 2, 2024||Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 1, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 2, 2024||Available Online|
Majors and minors are not applicable to this course.
It is recommended students have completed a health related degree.
COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementThe COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory to be eligible to attend a WIL placement for this course. Students will be required to provide evidence of having completed a COVID-19 vaccination schedule by the closing date prior to a WIL placement. The vaccine received must be a vaccine approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) of Australia.
A 3 year Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognised tertiary institution.
International students or domestic students born outside of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, South Africa or USA must meet English Language Proficiency requirements. Minimum scores required are:
• IELTS (Academic) score of at least 6.0 (with no band score less than 5.5), or
• TOEFL overall score of 75 with no score less than 17, or
• Pearson Test of English Academic overall score of 54 with no score less than 46, or
• An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components; or
• Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Score of 180 or above.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$15,000|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$15,000|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
How to apply
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.