Graduate Diploma of Business Administration
|Duration||1 year full-time, 2 years part-time|
|Next start term||Term 1, 2024|
|Study mode||On Campus, Online|
This course provides you with opportunities to study a broad range of topics relating to aspects of management and business administration. You will develop key competencies crucial for successful business leadership and the management of people and apply these in an emotionally intelligent way. You will also develop knowledge and capabilities related to key business functions of strategy, economics, marketing, organisational and industry structure, operations and business analytics and the legal issues that affect managers, leaders and organisations. The Graduate Diploma of Business Administration allows articulation into the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Seamless Pathways
This course prepares you to target employment in the areas of business consultation, or middle to high-level business management.
Structure & Availability
You are required to complete a total of eight core units.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Term 1, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 2, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 1, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 2, 2024||Available Online|
Majors and minors are not applicable to this course.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must hold one of the following:
- A completed Australian Bachelor degree, or higher Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent qualification with three years of full-time (or equivalent part-time) relevant* business experience; or
- A completed Australian Diploma qualification, or higher Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent qualification with three years of full-time (or equivalent part-time) relevant* business experience; or
- A minimum of five years relevant* business experience.
*Relevant business experience includes a working knowledge of how a business operates, for example, budgeting, staffing, project management, financial reporting, process management.
Professional experience must be shown in a letter of employment which is presented on a company letterhead as well as signed and dated by a delegated authority. The letter must contain position title, duties performed and length of service. Applicants being admitted solely on the basis of relevant business experience may be referred to the Head of Course to confirm employment experience meets the course requirements.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion within the last 5 years of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 or 12, or equivalent), or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full-time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English Proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.5 with a minimum 6.0 for Reading and Writing and 6.0 for Speaking and Listening; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$16,680|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$33,120|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
How to apply
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.