Graduate Diploma of Information Technology
|Duration||1 year full-time, 2 years part-time|
|Next start term||Term 1, 2024|
|Study mode||On Campus, Online|
The Graduate Diploma in Information Technology provides professional knowledge and skills in information technology (IT). You will gain broad IT knowledge and skills, covering programming, cyber security, database development and analysis of information systems. You will explore issues in the IT profession and IT project management, which will further develop your interpersonal and leadership skills. You will gain in-depth knowledge in a selected IT discipline, such as software development, network security, mobile applications, business analysis, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things and project management.
By choosing to study a Graduate Diploma of Information Technology you will obtain the knowledge to successfully design, implement and manage issues involved in the application of Information Technology (IT).
You will also gain a comprehensive understanding of the techniques and practicalities of the information systems development process. Your study will also provide a broad understanding of IT applications as well as specific skills in programming, databases and project management.
You have the option to choose one unit from one of the three majors in the Master of Information Technology (software design and development, networks and information security, and mobile application development) plus one elective. After completing this course you will have the skills to manage future business challenges and enhance your individual advancement and employment opportunities.
With this course, you will enhance your knowledge from the areas studied in the Graduate Certificate in Information Technology. The Graduate Diploma of Information Technology is a pathway into the Master of Information Technology.
- Authentic Learning Experiences
- Experienced Teaching Team
- Real-world Learning Facilities
- Seamless Pathways
- Online or On Campus
This course has helped to develop my critical thinking capacity, practical knowledge and demonstrate leadership skills to lead and manage information technology projects or companies. CQU provided an internship opportunity, which helped me to kick start my career and find a job in the IT sector.
Graduate Certificate of Information Technology, Master of Information Technology I Nepal
On completing a Graduate Diploma in Information Technology you are able to progress to the masters level course and will have increased managerial abilities boosting your IT career opportunities in roles including:
- database administrator
- developer programmer
- ICT customer support officer
- ICT support technician
- network administrator
- project management support officer
- web developer.
Structure & Availability
You are required to complete seven (7) core units and one (1) elective.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Term 1, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Rockhampton, Sydney|
|Term 2, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Rockhampton, Sydney|
|Term 3, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 1, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 2, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 3, 2024||Available Online|
Majors and minors are not applicable to this course.
Domestic and international students please see the CQUniversity Handbook.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must hold one of the following:
- A completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent Bachelor degree, or higher equivalent qualification; or
- A completed CQUniversity Graduate Certificate in Information Systems, or equivalent; or
- A completed CQUniversity Graduate Certificate in Information Technology, or equivalent.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University. Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- A secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma level qualification, or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
Completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 overall with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall & minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
International Students should visit http://www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$16,830|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$33,990|
2024 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$18,000|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$35,520|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
How to apply
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.