Graduate Certificate in Project Management
|Duration||0.5 years full-time, 1 year part-time|
|Next start term||Term 3, 2023|
|Study mode||On Campus, Online|
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management is a specialist course and is ideal if you are a practising project manager or if you aspire to become a project manager. The qualification provides practising project managers and project directors with the technical skills to successfully run projects by focusing on the application of project management concepts applicable to a variety of industries.
The course introduces and develops skills to initiate projects and develop project plans to efficiently meet project goals. Case studies and practical material are embedded within the course to illustrate how the concepts of project management meet industry demand. It adopts a methodological approach to the application of project processes and highlights the integration of different frameworks into a project.
On successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Project Management, you will have a comprehensive understanding of project management and be able to confidently run projects and achieve targets and outcomes in the most challenging environments. The Graduate Certificate in Project Management can be undertaken as either a pathway or an exit qualification for the Graduate Diploma of Project Management, it is also an interim award within the Master of Information Technology.
Mission Statement for CQUniversity’s project management courses
CQUniversity’s School of Engineering and Technology believe project management is a lifestyle and is committed to improving the world for current and future generations through outstanding teaching and learning, scholarship and practice. We carry out this mission through world-class, project management education, based on global standards and cutting-edge research conducted in the discipline, in order to skill and educate the next generation of project managers.
Vision for CQUniversity’s project management courses
Our vision is to be a global leader in project management education, embracing engagement and innovation, with a can-do attitude. As part of this vision, we are transparent in our communication with our stakeholders, we are inclusive, and strive to cultivate our greatness by offering project management courses for everyone. The Project Management Team at CQUniversity strives to be a leader by hiring and promoting people who are leaders, developing them, and developing a culture where leaders influence non-conventional thinking.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) estimates that one-fifth of the world's gross domestic product is spent on projects and a huge demand exists globally for skilled project managers. After completing this course you will have enhanced opportunities for employment as a project supervisor, project manager or project director in a wide range of industries.
Completion of the Graduate Certificate of Project Management will prepare you to pursue employment opportunities (subject to additional industry qualifications and experience you may require) as a project manager in diverse industries such as agriculture, construction, engineering, manufacturing, mining, transportation and many others.
Structure & Availability
You are required to complete four core units.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Term 3, 2023||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 1, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 2, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 3, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 2, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 3, 2024||Available Online|
Majors and minors are not applicable to this course.
IELTS Academic: 6.0 with no individual band score of less than 5.5
TOEFL Internet-based: Overall score of 75 with no score less than 17
Pearson Test of English Academic: Overall score of 54 with no score less than 46
To gain entry to this course, you must have:
- a bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian university or equivalent; or
- a recognised diploma and two years relevant business experience; or
- a recognised Certificate IV and three years relevant business experience; or
- a minimum of five years relevant management experience; or
- a minimum of 10 years relevant business experience.
International students should refer to https://www.cqu.edu.au/international-students/entry-requirements/english-requirements for further information including English Language requirements.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$16,200|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$16,200|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
How to apply
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.