|Year of Study||Any|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Scott Williams Foundation (Cert IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business) Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in 2023;
- Be enrolled in the Cert IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business [BSB40320];
- Be able to demonstrate low personal/ family income or be under financial pressure;
- Be an Australian Citizen;
- Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000.
Preference will be given to applicants (in declining order) who are: past Scott Williams Foundation scholars; residing in the Sunshine Coast; residing in regional Queensland; or residing in regional Australia.
Applicants are required to:
- provide a 500-word personal statement addressing the question:
How would a CQUniCares Scott Williams Foundation (Cert IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business) Scholarship assist with your studies?
Expectations of recipients
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through testimonials, media or invitations to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days. If you do not wish to be publicly recognised or be involved in the above initiatives, please advise the Advancement and Alumni Relations Team via firstname.lastname@example.org immediately following acceptance.
Ongoing eligibility requirements
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Be actively participating in class and submitting assessment (as confirmed by their VET Teacher) to receive the second payment in April 2024.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Sharing details with the Donor of your scholarship
As funds for your scholarship have been generously donated, CQUniversity is required to share your name, course/ study area and ongoing eligibility (including academic performance) with the donor of your scholarship. Donors may wish to celebrate their recipients, however, if you do not wish your donor or CQUniversity to promote your name publicly, this can be arranged.
Thanking your Donor
Many of our scholarships are made possible by generous donations from community partners who are committed to supporting CQUniversity students to reach their academic goals. Our donors are always keen to hear how their support is making a difference. You are strongly encouraged to submit a letter of thanks (Word/PDF) to email@example.com to express your appreciation. To help you get started, we recommend providing a brief overview of who you are, what you are studying and your career aspirations, as well as some insight into how your scholarship will benefit you.
Payment of scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to the end of July for payment to occur.
Payments will be made following course engagement and final eligibility checks:
- $1,250 in August 2023 after enrollment checks;
- $1,250 in April 2024 following confirmation by VET teachers that students are actively participating in class and submitting assessments.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
*Disclaimer - Students may be required to provide further documentation to support their application. This can include the following:
- Written submission
- Documentation demonstrating academic achievement or unofficial transcript
- Documentation demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Documentation demonstrating low personal or family income/ financial need
- Confirmation of Identity or 2 x Cultural References + a Statutory Declaration (if relevant to scholarship)
Applicants will be assessed on the application and may be required to provide a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Tell us about yourself:
- Name/ course/ interests
- You may wish to also share your current situation, challenges you have experienced or overcome, as well as any examples of success, leadership, community, or volunteering.
- How will a scholarship help you to overcome financial barriers to success?
- You may wish to further explain your current situation and how a scholarship will assist you in managing general living and study expenses.
- What are your career goals and how will a scholarship assist you in achieving your educational objectives?
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account. Failure to supply further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
To apply for the CQUniCares Scott Williams Foundation (Cert IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business) Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
A section panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant.
Scholarships at CQUniversity are highly competitive. All applications are ranked based on how well applicants address the selection criteria, and in comparison, to other applicants.
Being eligible or being a recipient in the past is no guarantee of having a successful application.
A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit.
All applicants are advised that any request for further information to support their application will be sent to their student email accounts or nominated email account for future students. Students will be required to re-submit any further information requested through their original application in MyCQU. Failure to resubmit further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
The Student Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed.Students will be notified of the outcome of their application via their student email accounts only. Decisions are final.
Mr Scott Williams AM is an award-winning small business operator and philanthropist recognised for his services to local government, business, community radio, higher education and philanthropy. As Chair of the Scott Williams Foundation, Scott continues to play an important role in helping CQUniversity students to reach their full potential by offering these life-changing scholarships.