To be eligible to receive the Destination Australia Scholarship, successful applicants must:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2024, in one of the following courses:
- Certificate IV
- Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree
- Bachelor Degree
- Bachelors Honors Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
- Masters Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Be commencing the course for the first time
- Be enrolled internally at either Cairns, Mackay Ooralea, Rockhampton North, or Bundaberg campuses
- Be enrolled with a full-time term study load (18 credit points or more) in Term 1 and Term 2
- Be enrolled at Census date in Term 1, 2024
- Reside in a regional area at the commencement of and during the study period
- Maintain a valid student visa for the duration of their scholarship
Applicants are required to provide a 500-word personal statement addressing the following question:
How would a Destination Australia Scholarship assist with your studies?
As a scholarship recipient, you may be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with promoting the CQUniversity scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
Successful applicants are required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU (refer to instructions) for payment to occur. The value of the Destination Australia Scholarship will be paid in 2 instalments per year:
- $7 500 paid by week 6 of Term 1 following post-Census date eligibility checks
- $7 500 paid by week 6 of Term 2 following post-Census date eligibility checks
Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
To maintain the Destination Australia Scholarship, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Remain enrolled in a full-time study load in the course as of Census date every Term 1 and Term 2 for the duration of their scholarship
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the CQUniversity student email account. Failure to supply further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
When you (or your education agent) apply for your course through our online system iStart, please indicate that you wish to be considered for a Destination Australia Scholarship. Your application must also include a 500-word statement explaining how a Destination Australia Scholarship would assist with your studies and why you would enjoy studying at one of our beautiful regional Queensland campuses.
You will be notified on the status and outcome of your application through iStart.As there are a limited number of scholarships available, all scholarships may be exhausted prior to the advertised closing date. All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the CQUniversity student email account. Failure to supply further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered. Students will be notified of the outcome of their application via their student email accounts only. Decisions are final.
The Destination Australia Program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education to offer students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to undertake high-quality education, training and research in, and to experience regional and rural Australia.