To be eligible to receive the Science & Environmental Science Honours Stipend, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1 or Term 2, 2023 or 2024
- Be commencing studies in a Bachelor of Science (Honours) [CG84] for the first time
- Choose a research project with confirmed funding or deemed of strategic importance (projects listed on the Research Projects page).
- Have previously completed either a:
- Bachelor of Science (CU18),
- Bachelor of Environmental Science (CA42), or
- Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline from an Australian institution
- Were not enrolled in the Bachelor of Science (Honours) [CG84] in 2022
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1 or Term 2, 2023 or 2024
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA 4.0 each term
Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term for the life of the scholarship.
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Short project description (60 words) and nominated Honours supervisor;
- Career goals and how the Stipend will assist you in achieving your research objectives;
- Demonstrated research (academic or industry), community and volunteering activities related to science or environment;
- Life experiences.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission that addresses Selection Criteria
- Evidence of academic achievement (i.e. transcript)
- Evidence of work/community/research achievements
Students should discuss research projects with possible supervisors before applying for this stipend (a list of projects and supervisors can be found on the Research Projects page.
To apply for the CQUniversity Science and Environmental Science (Honours) Stipend, please email the Head of Course - Science, Environment and Agriculture firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of the successful recipient will be determined by a selection panel made of representatives from CQUniversity’s Science and Environmental Science course.
A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date of the entry term to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment of $3,000 each term (or pro rata if part time) will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.