Removal of Financial Liability in Special Circumstances
Students who are enrolled on and past the Census date are liable to pay for their enrolment. Students should check all important dates in the Key Dates Calendar each term.
The University understands that sometimes, for a variety of reasons, special circumstances occur that:
- are beyond the student's control, and
- do not make their full impact until on or after the census date, and
- make it impracticable for the student to complete their course requirements
In these cases, students should consult the relevant policy and submit an application and supporting documentation to Student Governance for consideration.
Link to Policies
Removal of Financial Liability due to Special Circumstances Policy and Procedures.
Please note that as at October 2016 the removal of financial liability policy is under review.
Link to Forms
Application and Guidelines for Removal of Financial Liability due to Special Circumstances
This form is to be used for:
- Withdrawal without financial penalty in special circumstances - Tuition Fees
- Withdrawal without financial penalty in special circumstances - Student Contributions
- Remission of FEE-HELP balances in special circumstances
- Remission of HECS-HELP balances in special circumstances
Please note that there is no provision for the remission of OS-HELP or SA-HELP balances under any circumstances and that the Student Services and Amenities Fee will not be re-credited or refunded even if an application for removal of financial liability is approved for other fees.