FEE-HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible students to pay their Tuition Fees. FEE-HELP can cover all or part of a student's Tuition Fees, up to the renewable limit of $106,319 (2020 maximum). The limit for students studying medicine, dentistry and veterinary science courses leading to initial registration will be $ 152, 700. The limit is indexed each year.
You may be entitled to FEE-HELP assistance if you:
- meet the citizenship and residency requirements – see below; AND
- have submitted, on or before the Census date, a valid Request for FEE-HELP assistance form for the unit of study* or the course of study of which the unit forms a part; AND
- meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements; AND
- have not exceeded your FEE-HELP limit.
*Students generally must submit a FEE-HELP form for a course, the only exceptions being cross-institutional students enrolling in one or more units but not a full course of study, and those students assessed as eligible to undertake bridging study for overseas-trained professionals.
Citizenship and residency requirements: You must be either
- an Australian Citizen who will undertake in Australia at least one unit of study contributing to your course, OR
- the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit, OR
- the holder of a permanent visa undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit; OR
- a New Zealand citizen who is not also a permanent resident of Australia and who is the holder of a Special Category Visa (SCV) AND meets other eligibility criteria, AND who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit.
Information for New Zealand citizens who hold a Special Category Visa (SCV) is available at Study Assist and on the New Zealand citizens – eligibility for HELP page.
Full details are available in the FEE-HELP information booklet - please be sure to read the booklet before completing a Request for FEE-HELP assistance form.
The Request for FEE-HELP assistance form is available online from the MyCQU Student Portal. From the Today view, the MyCQU Checklist will guide you through the process to complete this request. Alternatively, if you require a paper form, please contact the Student Advice Team: 13 2786, or +61 7 4930 9000 if calling from overseas. Forms must be submitted by the census date.
Failure to submit a valid Request for FEE-HELP assistance form by the census date of the term in which it is to take effect means that you are not eligible for FEE-HELP in that term and will owe to CQUniversity the full Tuition Fee for your enrolment.
From 1 January 2020 the Australian Government introduced a combined HELP loan limit which caps the amount you can borrow. This loan limit includes any HECS-HELP debt incurred from 2020 onwards plus any existing and new FEE-HELP, VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loans.
Learn more about the HELP loan limit and how it affects you.