FEE-HELP is a loan scheme that assists eligible students to pay their Tuition Fees. FEE-HELP can cover all or part of a student's Tuition Fees, up to the renewable limit of $106,319 (2020 maximum). The limit for students studying medicine, dentistry and veterinary science courses leading to initial registration will be $ 152, 700. The limit is indexed each year.
You may be entitled to FEE-HELP assistance if you:
- meet the citizenship and residency requirements – see below; AND
- have submitted, on or before the Census date, a valid Request for FEE-HELP assistance form for the unit of study* or the course of study of which the unit forms a part; AND
- meet the Tax File Number (TFN) requirements; AND
- have not exceeded your FEE-HELP limit.
*Students generally must submit a FEE-HELP form for a course, the only exceptions being cross-institutional students enrolling in one or more units but not a full course of study, and those students assessed as eligible to undertake bridging study for overseas-trained professionals.
Citizenship and residency requirements: You must be either
- an Australian Citizen who will undertake in Australia at least one unit of study contributing to your course, OR
- the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit, OR
- the holder of a permanent visa undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit; OR
- a New Zealand citizen who is not also a permanent resident of Australia and who is the holder of a Special Category Visa (SCV) AND meets other eligibility criteria, AND who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit.
Full details are available in the FEE-HELP information booklet - please be sure to read the booklet before completing a Request for FEE-HELP assistance form.
The Request for FEE-HELP assistance form is available online in MyCentre. Alternatively, if you require a paper form, please contact the Student Advice Team: 13 2786, or +61 7 4930 9000 if calling from overseas. Forms must be submitted by the census date.
Failure to submit a valid Request for FEE-HELP assistance form by the census date of the term in which it is to take effect means that you are not eligible for FEE-HELP in that term and will owe to CQUniversity the full Tuition Fee for your enrolment.
From 1 January 2020 the Australian Government introduced a combined HELP loan limit which caps the amount you can borrow. This loan limit includes any HECS-HELP debt incurred from 2020 onwards plus any existing and new FEE-HELP, VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loans.