Peer Assisted Study Sessions
PASS Are structured group study sessions aimed at units which have been identified as historically challenging for students.
Sessions are facilitated by PASS Leaders, students who have recently received excellent grades in the unit and have undergone nationally accredited training. Studies have shown that students who participate in 4+ PASS sessions a term receive an increase in marks with students participating in 10+ sessions a term receiving a higher overall grade.
PASS Provides weekly, out of class, informal sessions for PASS supported units either on-campus or online. By sharing knowledge, experience and strategies, students will:
- develop smarter study skills
- develop useful exam preparation techniques
- gain a deeper understanding of unit content
- experience increased motivation and confidence to complete the unit
- create connections with other students and develop interpersonal skills.
PASS Supported Unit
The following units will be supported by PASS in Term 2, 2018.
- ACCT11059 Accounting, Learning and Online Communication
- BMSC11002 Human Body Systems 2
- LAWS11065 Constitutional Law
If you believe your unit should be PASS supported, please contact your Head of Course.
MY UNIT IS SUPPORTED - HOW DO I REGISTER FOR PASS?
PASS Sessions commence in Week 2. To register, please log into your unit in Moodle. There will be multiple sessions available each week, you must register for the particular session in each week you will be participating. Each session will have limited spaces and will close once the session is filled. Much like with tutorials, it is important that you are coming to the session prepared. More information will be available on registration.
If you have any queries, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 13 27 86.