CQUniversity has cemented its commitment to providing world-class education and changing lives' with a top performance in the 2022 Australian Good Universities Guide (GUG) ratings.
GUG provides independent five-star performance ratings for every university in Australia' based on student-relevant criteria such as graduate salaries' teaching quality' and learning resources.
CQUniversity upheld its 2021 five-star performance ratings across six key categories and is now also placed in the top 20 per cent of Australian universities for an additional three: Undergraduate Overall Student Experience' Undergraduate Teaching Quality' and Post-graduate Full-time Employment.
Improvements were also noted across a number of CQUniversity's undergraduate and post-graduate discipline areas.
Vice-Chancellor and President' Professor Nick Klomp said the 2022 results reaffirmed CQUniversity's commitment to providing world-class' transformative education.
"These are exemplary results and are a true testament to the high-quality of learning and teaching that we provide at the University'" he said.
"It is also pleasing to see that regional universities are outpacing major metropolitan universities in several of these categories."
Professor Klomp said CQUniversity was proud to once again be ranked number one in Australia for Social Equity and number four for First-Generation Student Ratio.
"At CQUniversity' we believe that higher education should be for everyone – no matter their postcode or educational background'" Professor Klomp said.
"We have and will continue to welcome the highest proportion of domestic students from low socioeconomic or disadvantaged backgrounds.
"Our accessibility' flexibility' student support' and wide range of TAFE and university courses offered online and on-campus help our students be what they want to be.
"Our graduates are also some of the most sought-after in Australia' due to our reputation for work-integrated learning and industry-aligned courses.
"It is clear that a qualification from CQUniversity is highly regarded by a range of industries and that our graduates are succeeding in gaining those highly coveted graduate roles."
CQUniversity gained a five-star performance rating in the following 2022 Good Universities Guide categories:
- Social Equity (The proportion of domestic students enrolling at each university who come from low socioeconomic or disadvantaged backgrounds).
- First Generation (The proportion of domestic students commencing a bachelor's degree whose parents' education is known and did not exceed Year 12).
- Undergraduate and Post-graduate Starting Salary (The median salary of graduates from different universities).
- Undergraduate and Post-graduate Full-time Employment (The proportion of graduates who were employed full-time four months after completing their course).
- Undergraduate Overall Experience (The proportion of students who were satisfied with the overall quality of their educational experience).
- Undergraduate Teaching Quality (The proportion of students who were satisfied with the quality of teaching they experienced).
- Postgraduate Skills Development (The proportion of students who were satisfied with the skill development they experienced through their studies).
For a full overview of CQUniversity's GUG results' including further five-star performance ratings in specific discipline areas' visit www.gooduniversitiesguide.com.au