Nineteen researchers from CQUniversity have made the top two per cent of the world's most widely-cited scientists list.
Published by Stanford University' the Elsevier World's Top 2% Scientists list is considered the most prestigious globally.
Based on the bibliometric information contained in the Scopus database' the list includes more than 190'000 researchers from the more than eight million scientists considered to be active worldwide' with 22 scientific fields and 176 subfields taken into account.
CQUniversity Vice-President (Academic) Professor Helen Huntly said she was proud' although not surprised' to see so many researchers from the University make the 2022 list.
"To be included in this global ranking reflects the impactful and widely acknowledged research that is being conducted at CQUniversity'" Professor Huntly said.
"I congratulate each researcher who has been included in this year's list and thank them for their efforts in making CQUniversity an institution that creates research with true impact."
CQUniversity's academics listed in the ranking are:
- Dr Xianbo (Bill) Zhao' Building & Construction
- Professor Bruce Prideaux' Tourism
- Professor Michelle Cleary' Nursing
- Talal Yusaf' Energy
- Professor Corneel Vandelanotte' Public Health
- Professor Kerry Walsh' Plant Biology & Botany
- Associate Professor Dragana (Dana) Stanley' Biotechnology
- Professor Drew Dawson' Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Dr Md Nurun Nabi' Energy
- Desley Hegney' Nursing
- Dr Robert Stanton' Sport Sciences
- Associate Professor Amanda Rebar' Public Health
- Professor Mohammad G. Rasul' Energy
- Erlenawati Sawir' Education
- Associate Professor Aaron Scanlan' Sport Sciences
- Dr Lois Ruth Harris' Education
- Kevin Ronan (deceased)' Strategic' Defence & Security Studies
- Adjunct Professor Peter Wolfs' Energy
- Professor Colin Cole' Mechanical Engineering & Transports.