Master of Project Management - CV84
Study the Master of Project Management to develop advanced discipline knowledge and skills to lead and manage projects within diverse work settings. This course focuses on both the hard technical and soft human aspects of project management through both course work and research, as used in large commercial and public organisations. Specialise in one of the four minors; Hospital and Health Services Management, Information Systems, Information Technology, and Management. Benefit from the option to complete a research, practicum, or internship stream in your final year and tailor your Master's to suit your career goals. The Master of Project Management is fully accredited by the Project Management Institute - Global Accreditation Centre for Project Management Education Programs (GAC-PMI). Graduates are eligible to accrue professional development units (PDUs) upon successful completion of the course.
The Master of Project Management is fully accredited by the Project Management Institute - Global Accreditation Centre for Project Management Education Programs (GAC-PMI). Graduates are eligible for membership with the Project Management Institute and can accrue professional development units.
On Campus, Online
2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Online
This course provides an opportunity for you to extend your knowledge through coursework into project management and/or develop a research career in your relevant profession. This course focuses on both the hard technical and soft human aspects of project management. All the course materials have been aligned to the Project Management Institute (PMI) global standards and core bodies of knowledge. In the final year of the course, you can choose one of three streams; a research stream, a practicum stream, or an internship stream.
If you opt for the research stream your project can be based on either your workplace or issues that are important to your profession. The research stream will also allow you to meet the eligibility criteria to enrol in a Ph.D. program should you have a plan for an academic career as it suffices the threshold ratio of the research components in the Masters Course. The practicum is student-led and you will develop a project within a simulated company environment. Alternatively, you can opt for an internship, and if you are eligible, you will be placed at a host organisation to further develop your skills and competencies and obtain authentic experience in project management. While undertaking the qualification you will be well prepared to contribute to future growth and change in the projects you are involved in whilst at the same time enhancing your individual career advancement opportunities.
Mission Statement for CQUniversity’s project management courses
CQUniversity’s School of Engineering and Technology believe project management is a lifestyle and is committed to improving the world for current and future generations through outstanding teaching and learning, scholarship and practice. We carry out this mission through world-class, project management education, based on global standards and cutting-edge research conducted in the discipline, in order to skill and educate the next generation of project managers.
Vision for CQUniversity’s project management courses
Our vision is to be a global leader in project management education, embracing engagement and innovation, with a can-do attitude. As part of this vision, we are transparent in our communication with our stakeholders, we are inclusive, and strive to cultivate our greatness by offering project management courses for everyone. The Project Management Team at CQUniversity strives to be a leader by hiring and promoting people who are leaders, developing them, and developing a culture where leaders influence non-conventional thinking.
|Core Units||11||Major Units||None|
You are required to complete 11 core units and either a four-unit minor in Hospital and Health Services Management, Information Systems, Information Technology or Management. Alternatively, you can complete four electives from the list provided rather than a four-unit minor.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
CQUniversity’s suite of postgraduate project management degrees provides you with the versatility to study a course that is aligned to your learning needs. If you are a project management practitioner looking for a qualification to support your experience or you aspire to a career in project management then one of our study options will be a strong fit with your project management aspirations.
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Graduate Diploma of Project Management
- Master of Project Management
CQUniversity’s project management postgraduate courses follow the Project Management Institute (PMI) global standards and practices.
Project management is relevant to a broad range of sectors including engineering, construction, information technology, business, health, plus many others. If you are looking to gain knowledge of project management concepts to complement your career in such related disciplinary fields, choose from a range of postgraduate courses with the ability to complete a minor or major in project management.
Related Course Options
- Master of Information Systems (CC53)
- Master of Information Technology (CC54)
- Master of Business Administration (CL20)
- Master of Construction Management (CL82)
Our project management courses have a strong focus on practical learning experiences that provide vast opportunities for you to apply the skills and knowledge from your studies to authentic scenarios. Case studies and practical material from different project domains are used to provide a multidimensional perspective on the theory and application of project management principles and practices. A systems perspective is utilised to connect the technical and human skills that are integral to developing high-level project management capability.
|Term 1 - 2023||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 2 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 2 - 2023||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Perth Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2023||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 1 - 2023||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2022||Available Online|
Please note, this course is no longer available to study on campus at CQUni Perth in 2022.
|Hospital and Health Services Management||4|
|Project Management Internship||PPMP20017||Students have the option of undertaking an internship as part of the internship stream instead of the project management practicum or research units.|
CQUniversity and our internship partners will find a suitable internship for you. Find out more about our internship program.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must have:
- A completed Australian Bachelor degree, or higher Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent qualification.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 or 12) or equivalent); or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full-time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland or United States of America.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Career opportunities are endless for Project Management graduates. Employment can be found many industries, such as Engineering, Business, IT, Construction, Health, Government, Mining, Transportation and many others. The course will boost your career advancement prospects and provide a competitive advantage for you over others without this qualification.
Graduate Diploma in Project Management, as well as the Master of Project
Management, are fully accredited courses by the Project Management Institute -
Global Accreditation Centre for Project Management Education Programs
(GAC-PMI). CQUniversity’s postgraduate project management courses will provide
you with the practical and tangible skills and insights required for the
leadership of projects and programs in a variety of business applications and
industries. The program has been designed to develop graduates who will be
eligible for membership with the Project Management Institute and can accrue
PDUs. For further details about PMI-GAC accreditation, eligibility concerning
membership, please refer to GAC-PMI website here.
|2022 Indicative Fees|
|International Indicative First Term Fee||$15,840.00|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||$31,680.00|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
We offer a range of scholarships to support international students and encourage you to apply for one that's right for you.