Master of Professional Accounting - CC57
The Master of Professional Accounting will equip you with professional skills in accounting, finance, computer software applications, economics, statistics, and business law. It is suited to those students who meet the entry requirements and seek a career in accounting in Australia. The course will also introduce you to applied research and analysis skills that are highly sought in business. You will have the opportunity to study advanced areas in forensic accounting and financial data analytics or take a business internship.
Online, On Campus
2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Online
No information is available at this time.
The Master of Professional Accounting will equip you with professional skills in accounting, finance, computer software applications, economics, statistics, and business law. It is suited to those students who meet the entry requirements and seek a career in accounting in Australia. The course will also introduce you to applied research and analysis skills that are highly sought in business. You will have the opportunity to study advance areas in forensic accounting and financial data analytics, or take a business internship.
|Core Units||14||Major Units||None|
|Term 1 - 2019||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 2 - 2019||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2019||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 1 - 2019||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2019||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2019||Available Online|
Term dates for 2019
Term 1: 11 March to 7 June
Term 2: 15 July to 11 October
Term 3: 11 November to 14 February 2020
You are required to complete a total of 14 core units and two electives.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
To gain entry to this course, students must have:
- A non-accounting undergraduate degree in any discipline from an Australian university, or AQF equivalent from an overseas institution; or
- An AQF equivalent accounting bachelor degree received from an overseas institution or organisation, that does not meet accreditation with an Australian Accounting registration body for associate membership purposes; or
- A graduate diploma in any discipline from an Australian university.
International students should visit http://www.international.cqu.edu.au/ for further information, including English language requirements.
Students who have successfully completed the CQUniversity Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting will be eligible to apply for credit for units already completed.
Advanced standing (credit for prior learning)
Exemptions up to 24 credit points may be granted for previous undergraduate studies in business or accounting.
Students may be eligible for exemptions of up to 48 credit points for previous graduate level studies in business or accounting.
Security RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.
No information is available at this time.
If you are seeking a career change and are interested in a career in accounting, this course is for you. It is ideal if you are interested in employment opportunities in accounting and financial management sectors. Potential fields of employment include financial accounting, management accounting, taxation auditing, teaching finance, banking management, administration, consulting or business advisory services.
This course is accredited by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and meets the membership requirements of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) - Associate Member IPA status.
It is important to check the current status of accreditation for your desired study location as these organisations accredit each campus individually.
For eligibility criteria for membership of the Professional Bodies refer to these websites:
www.cpaaustralia.com.au (CPA Australia)
At CQUniversity, we are committed to making education accessible to everyone. That is why on top of offering multiple pathways for entry to our courses and a generous variety of scholarships, we also offer highly competitive fees. When referring to course fees for international students, please note the following:
- Fees are in Australian dollars AU$.
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- The final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course. This estimate assumes a full-time study load.
- The typical total course fee is an estimate of the tuition fees for the whole course. This estimate is based on typical unit enrolments in each year of the course, with indexation of the international subject fees at six per cent per annum for every additional year of study. Total course fees assume students complete no more than the course duration indicated.
- International students can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on campus in Australia may only take 25 per cent of their entire course by online study, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
You may refer to the International Courses and Fees 2019 to see the full list.
If you want to learn how business works, and like to strategise and manage, a course in business may be for you. There are no limitations to where a business qualification can take you. Choose from a broad spectrum of fields, and develop highly desired, transferable skills such as team work and communication.
Wide Choice of study areas
Select from arts, accounting, business, hospitality, human resource management,management, marketing, professional communication, property, public relations, retail, supply chain management, tourism, warehousing, social innovation and more to suit your personal interests and career goals.
Benefit from the flexibility to study full-time or part-time and either on-campus or online. Choose from a number of majors, minors and elective units to individually tailor your learning to suit you.
Graduate work ready
At CQUniversity, we provide the right mix of theory and practical experiences to ensure you graduate work ready, making you attractive to employers and helping to broaden your career opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to gain crucial life-long learning and transferable generic skills, such as critical thinking and problem solving. You will be able to apply these skills to a range of employment opportunities and life situations.
Postgraduate and research
CQUniversity offers a range of postgraduate and research courses.
Quality Education, Wherever You Are
Between our reputation for learning, teaching and research, our renowned online education offering, and our status as Australia's largest regional university, rest assured you will get a world-class education when you choose CQUniversity.A Uni That
A Uni That Knows Credibility is Key
In just 25 years, CQUniversity has achieved some amazing feats and emerged as one of Australia’s truly great universities. We have been ranked among the best in the world for our teaching and learning, and are internationally recognised for our focus on Social Innovation. Our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia, due to our reputation for work integrated learning and industry-aligned courses, and experience some of the nation's best graduate outcomes in terms of full-time employment and starting salary. CQUni is also regarded as the nation's most inclusive and engaged university, with our award-winning academic and research staff making a real impact on the communities and industries we serve.
A Uni That Leads in Online Education
A pioneer in online study, CQUniversity has more than two decades of experience providing high quality online learning experiences across the country and even internationally. We work hard to deliver the latest techniques in online study, and have even planned our physical sites to provide more services to our widespread online study cohort.
A Uni That Knows Convenience Counts
CQUniversity is truly focused on our students' needs, and that means responding to what, how and where they want to study. It is why we are now Australia's largest regional university, with more than 20 metropolitan and regional locations across five states, delivering TAFE and university qualifications in on-campus, online and supported online modes to more than 30,000 students.
A Uni That Knows Your Experience Matters
CQUniversity's strong focus on student experience ensures that you are prepared and supported on your student journey. Support services include on-campus or online orientation to assist your transition into university life, course and career advice, financial support options, study support, ongoing assistance through the Student Mentor program, counselling services, support for students with disability or medical conditions, Indigenous student support and more.