Master of Applied Positive Psychology - CL41
The Master of Applied Positive Psychology will equip you with the knowledge and skills to generate wellbeing, enable positive change and help individuals, organisations and communities thrive.Positive Psychology is a rapidly growing field focusing on the scientific study of wellbeing and resilience and is changing the way we live and work. As there is an increased recognition that wellbeing is essential to the workplace as well as in our personal life, professionals who can implement positive change are in high demand.
2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
The Master of Applied Positive Psychology is designed to train professionals to enhance and facilitate positive change, wellbeing, and resilience. In this course, you will learn the tools needed to enhance mental, emotional and physical wellbeing in individuals, organisations and communities. This course incorporates elements from a number of highly relevant fields and contemporary topics including positive psychology, coaching psychology, health promotion, positive education, counselling, asset-based community development, eco-psychology, and social innovation. This will help you graduate with skills and knowledge that can be applied across many occupations and holistic education experience. By completing the Master of Applied Positive Psychology, you will be able to work in a wide variety of occupations and will be well prepared to work with children, teenagers, and adults.
The Master of Applied Positive Psychology has been developed after extensive consultation with industry leaders from the Wellbeing and Resilience Centre at the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI).
|Core Units||10||Major Units||None|
You are required to complete ten (10) compulsory units. In the final year of study, you will also apply your knowledge to design and implement a major positive psychology/wellbeing or resilience research project.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
QUALITY EDUCATION, WHEREVER YOU ARE
Between our reputation for learning, teaching and research, our renowned online education offering, and our status as Australia’s largest regional university, rest assured you will get a world-class education when you choose CQUniversity.
A UNI THAT KNOWS CREDIBILITY IS KEY
CQUniversity has achieved some amazing feats and emerged as one of Australia’s truly great universities in under 30 years. We have been ranked among the best in the world for our teaching and learning, and are internationally recognised for our focus on Social Innovation. Our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia, due to our reputation for work integrated learning and industry-aligned courses, and experience some of the nation’s best graduate outcomes in terms of full-time employment and starting salary. CQUni is also regarded as the nation’s most inclusive and engaged university, with our award-winning academic and research staff making a real impact on the communities and industries we serve.
A UNI THAT LEADS IN ONLINE EDUCATION
A pioneer in online study, CQUniversity has more than two decades of experience providing high quality online learning experiences. Benefit from the flexibility to study online in your home country.
A UNI THAT KNOWS CONVENIENCE COUNTS
CQUniversity is truly focused on our students’ needs, and that means responding to what, how and where they want to study. It is why we are now Australia’s largest regional university, with more than 12 metropolitan and regional locations across four states, delivering TAFE and university qualifications in on-campus, online and supported online modes to more than 30 000 students.
A UNI THAT KNOWS YOUR EXPERIENCE MATTERS
CQUniversity’s strong focus on student experience ensures that you are prepared and supported on your student journey. Support services include on-campus or online orientation to assist your transition into university life, course and career advice, financial support options, study support, ongoing assistance through the Student Mentor program, counselling services, support for students with disability or medical conditions, Indigenous student support and more.
|Term 1 - 2024||Available Online|
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must hold:
- A completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent Bachelor degree, or higher equivalent qualification.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University. Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- A secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma level qualification, or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below.
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall & minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
International Students should visit http://www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Security RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.
No recommended study.
The Master of Applied Positive Psychology is designed to provide professionals working in a coaching, training, counselling or managerial roles as well as those with an interest in wellbeing and resilience with the skills required to create positive change. By completing an applied research project in your final year of study, you will also improve your professional research capabilities.
|2023 Indicative Fees|
|International Indicative First Term Fee||$15,360.00|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||$30,720.00|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
Scholarships are not available for this course.
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.Apply direct