Graduate Certificate in Positive Psychology - CH84
The Graduate Certificate in Positive Psychology at CQUniversity is designed to equip you to develop and implement positive interventions aimed at improving the mental, emotional and physical health of the population in a variety of contexts. In this course, you will explore the history, development and practical application of positive psychology for enhancing the wellbeing and resilience of individuals, groups, communities and organisations. This, combined with contemporary theory will provide you with an understanding of the multidimensional nature of wellbeing with relation to human flourishing. The applied nature of the course will also enhance your career prospects and employability by helping you to use positive psychology principles learnt during the course within existing or future professional settings.
Enjoy the flexibility of studying this course online.
0.5 years full-time, 1 years part-time
This is a four-unit course design to equip you to develop and implement positive interventions aimed at improving the mental health of the population in a variety of contexts. The applied nature of the course will enhance your career prospects and employability by helping you to use positive psychology principles learned during the course within existing or future professional settings.
In this course, you will explore the history, development and practical application of positive psychology for enhancing the wellbeing and resilience of individuals, groups, communities and organisations. This, combined with contemporary theory will provide you with an understanding of the multi-dimensional nature of wellbeing in relation to human flourishing. In doing so the course will draw from Seligman’s (2011) PERMA model: Positive emotion, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, Accomplishment, together with other elements of wellbeing such as resilience, optimism, hope, mind-body wellness, natural and built environments, sleep, nutrition, exercise, and collective wellbeing. You will examine system and behavioural change drivers and tools used to integrate change. Using the fundamental principles and theories you will research, design and develop positive psychology interventions across a range of settings.
|Core Units||4||Major Units||None|
Students will be required to successfully complete four (4) units.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
QUALITY EDUCATION, WHEREVER YOU ARE
Between our reputation for learning, teaching and research, our renowned online education offering, and our status as Australia’s largest regional university, rest assured you will get a world-class education when you choose CQUniversity.
A UNI THAT KNOWS CREDIBILITY IS KEY
CQUniversity has achieved some amazing feats and emerged as one of Australia’s truly great universities in under 30 years. We have been ranked among the best in the world for our teaching and learning, and are internationally recognised for our focus on Social Innovation. Our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia, due to our reputation for work integrated learning and industry-aligned courses, and experience some of the nation’s best graduate outcomes in terms of full-time employment and starting salary. CQUni is also regarded as the nation’s most inclusive and engaged university, with our award-winning academic and research staff making a real impact on the communities and industries we serve.
A UNI THAT LEADS IN ONLINE EDUCATION
A pioneer in online study, CQUniversity has more than two decades of experience providing high quality online learning experiences. Benefit from the flexibility to study online in your home country.
A UNI THAT KNOWS CONVENIENCE COUNTS
CQUniversity is truly focused on our students’ needs, and that means responding to what, how and where they want to study. It is why we are now Australia’s largest regional university, with more than 12 metropolitan and regional locations across four states, delivering TAFE and university qualifications in on-campus, online and supported online modes to more than 30 000 students.
A UNI THAT KNOWS YOUR EXPERIENCE MATTERS
CQUniversity’s strong focus on student experience ensures that you are prepared and supported on your student journey. Support services include on-campus or online orientation to assist your transition into university life, course and career advice, financial support options, study support, ongoing assistance through the Student Mentor program, counselling services, support for students with disability or medical conditions, Indigenous student support and more.
|Term 1 - 2024||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2023||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2024||Available Online|
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must hold one of the following:
- A completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent Bachelor degree, or higher equivalent qualification; or
- A completed AQF Diploma with two years relevant employment experience*, or
- Five years relevant employment experience*
*Relevant employment experience can include employment within health care, teaching and education, coaching, social work, counselling, community services.
Employment experience must be shown in a letter of employment which is presented on a company letterhead as well as signed and dated by a delegated authority. The letter must contain your full name, position title, duties performed and length of service.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University. Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- A secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma level qualification, or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
Completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 overall with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall & minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
International Students should visit http://www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Security RequirementsNo information available at this time.
Health RequirementsNo information available at this time.
No recommended study.
It is expected that graduates of this course will have access to a range of career options. Graduates will be equipped to develop and implement positive interventions aimed at improving the mental health of the population in a range of settings including:
- clinical settings
- teaching and education
- coaching and consulting
- health care settings
- communities and organisations.
|2023 Indicative Fees|
|International Indicative First Term Fee||$15,360.00|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||$15,360.00|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
There are no scholarships available for this course.
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.Apply direct