Diploma of Arts - CF36
The Diploma of Arts provides you with an opportunity to explore a humanities or social sciences discipline. Successful completion of the course will allow you guaranteed entry into the Bachelor of Arts at CQUniversity.
1 years full-time, 2 years part-time
The Diploma of Arts provides you with an opportunity to explore a humanities or social sciences discipline at an introductory level, preparing you for employment in a range of fields, or further study. Successful completion of the course will allow you guaranteed entry into the Bachelor of Arts at CQUniversity.
During your education and training, you will explore disciplines that study the way humans recognise, record and debate human practices, meanings and values. This will aid you in developing a contemporary understanding of both the human condition and how society operates.
You will have the opportunity to gain crucial lifelong learning and transferable generic skills, such as critical thinking and problem solving, and you will be able to apply these skills to a range of employment opportunities and life situations.
As a graduate of the course, you may find career opportunities in administrative and assistant roles in a range of fields, including advertising, government administration and planning, communications, history, psychology and many more.
|Core Units||8||Major Units||None|
You are required to complete eight units, comprising of two core units and six units from two majors and one minor (two units from each major and minor selected) from within the Bachelor of Arts. To view the range of majors and minors available, visit the Bachelor of Arts web page and view the majors and minors section.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
The Diploma of Arts is designed as an ideal pathway into the Bachelor of Arts. You will study core units in career communication, and communicating for success, and combine this with six discipline units from two majors and one minor. This ensures that if you decide to continue on with your studies, you will transition seamlessly into the second year of the Bachelor of Arts.
The Diploma of Arts gives you the opportunity to explore your interests, and gain well-rounded and transferable skills such as problem-solving, and critical thinking.
The course is designed so that you gain valuable communication skills that will prepare you for further study and your career, along with introductory knowledge and skills in your chosen discipline areas. You will have variety in your studies as you explore two units focussed on communication, two units from two different majors and two units from a minor.
|Term 1 - 2023||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 2 - 2023||Available Online|
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- A secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent); or
- An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma level qualification, or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
International Students should visit http://www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Completion of the Diploma of Arts will prepare you to pursue employment opportunities in fields such as:
- arts administration
- government administration and planning
- desktop publishing
- environmental planning and management
- nature and heritage conservation
- political research
|2022 Indicative Fees|
|International Indicative First Term Fee||$15,270.00|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||$30,480.00|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
Scholarships are not available for this course.
|Queensland||ROK: 852591; ONL: 852595|
|New South Wales||ONL: 160261|
|Western Australia||ONL: 150261|
If you apply via a Tertiary Admissions Centre (TAC) listed under 'How to Apply', please use the relevant TAC code listed above to complete your application.