There are many ways to apply for an undergraduate degree and it all depends on your applicant type, course of interest and circumstances.
Your application checklist
- Start by checking your course page for entry requirements and follow the links in the ‘How to Apply’ section to find the best application portal or find your application portal below. If you are eligible to apply direct this is the best option to avoid application fees.
- Review key dates and other application information before you start your application.
- If you don’t already have one, apply for a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Apply. If you need help along the way, we’re happy to help. Get in touch with our friendly team.
Find your application portal
Apply Direct to CQU
If your application fits with the below options, you should apply direct via your course page or CQU’s direct application online portal:
- If you are a previous or current CQU student, except if you are applying for one of the following courses:
- CM17 Bachelor of Medical Science (Pathway to Medicine)
- CG91 Bachelor of Medical Sonography/Graduate Diploma of Medical Sonography
- CV69 Bachelor of Echocardiography and Cardiac Physiology/Graduate Diploma of Echocardiography
- CG92 Bachelor of Medical Imaging
- CB29 Bachelor of Oral Health
- CB85 Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
- If you are applying for one of the following courses:
- CC42 Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours)
- CM16 Bachelor of Midwifery (Graduate Entry)
- CA44 Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- CG84 Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- If you are applying via the Principal Recommendation Scheme.
- If you are participating in the Western District Health Service Arrangement for CQU’s Bachelor of Nursing.
Apply via a TAC or ApplyCQUni Portal
If you are ineligible to apply direct, then you will need to apply via the relevant Tertiary Admission Centre (TAC) or via ApplyCQuni as outlined following:
- If you are studying with a Regional University Centre Partner you should apply the ApplyCQUni applicant portal.
- If you live in Queensland, you should apply via QTAC. An application fee applies.
- If you live in New South Wales or the Australian Capital Territory you should apply via UAC. An application fee applies.
- If you live in Victoria, Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania or Western Australia you should apply via the ApplyCQUni applicant portal.
- Apply for an undergraduate degree direct from your course page or via iSTART.
Undergraduate Applicant Types
When it comes to undergraduate degrees at CQU, we welcome a broad mix of applicants with different education and employment backgrounds. Finding your applicant type can help you to navigate the application process more easily.
Recent secondary school education
If you’ve completed secondary education in the last two years, you can use your high school results to apply to CQU.
Work and life experience
Your work and life experience can help you meet entry requirements if you completed your secondary education more than two years ago.
Higher education study
Explore how your prior enabling course and university studies, whether complete or not, can be used to apply for a CQU course.
Vocational Education and Training study
Learn how you can meet entry requirements for CQU’s courses based on your past TAFE or vocational education and training (VET).
Getting ready to apply to study with CQU? Find important dates and other information you’ll need to consider in the application process.
Important Application Dates
Find the application deadlines and key dates relevant to your study level and course.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Find out more about why you need a USI and how to apply or search for an existing number so you can apply for a TAFE or university course.