To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Venture Scholarship successful applicants must:
- be enrolled or intending to enrol in an undergraduate course as the primary course of study in Term 2, 2020:
- Associate Degree;
- Advanced Diploma
- Diploma (higher education)
- Be residing outside of Queensland or living in remote areas of Queensland and are required to travel to Queensland Campuses for residential schools or placements.
- be studying with a minimum term study load of 12 credit points or more
- be enrolled at Census date in Term 2, 2020
- be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa* with a permanent home address in Australia
- not be receiving any other CQUniversity Scholarship
Applicants will be assessed based on their financial need and degree of additional disadvantage. Preference will be given to:
- students who have demonstrated low personal or family income
- students with a medical condition/disability
- students with significant carer responsibilities
- students living in remote areas or in states or territories other than Queensland
- students enrolled in courses with high educational expenses
- Academic progress will be taken into consideration for those applicants who are continuing CQUniversity students.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission addressing the selection criteria
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement or leadership
- Evidence of low income/financial hardship (optional –additional preference only)
To apply for a CQUniCares Venture Scholarship:
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
Complete Applications must be received by the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.