|Year of Study||4th/Final year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Therapy Alliance Group Speech Pathology Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2023;
- Be studying the Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Honours) [CB87];
- Be studying in 2023 the fourth academic year of the course;
- Be enrolled with a term study load of at least 18 credit points*;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, holder of a Humanitarian Visa or New Zealand Citizen with a permanent home address in Australia;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 2, 2023;
- Students studying part time will be eligible as long as they are expected to graduate in 2023
*Payments may continue to be awarded on a pro rata basis to students completed less than 18 credit points provided they graduate in 2023 This is at the discretion of both the Student Scholarships Team and Therapy Alliance.
The selected scholars will be expected to work at Therapy Alliance Group’s Toowoomba Clinics for two (2) years following their graduation (Graduate employment). The students’ ability and desire to do this will be assessed by Therapy Alliance Group during the selection process. Therapy Alliance Group will enter into a direct agreement with the scholars.
Applicants are required to:
- provide a 500-word personal statement addressing the question:
How would a CQUniCares Therapy Alliance Group Speech Pathology Scholarship assist with your studies?
Expectations of recipients
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through testimonials, media or invitations to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days. If you do not wish to be publicly recognised or be involved in the above initiatives, please advise the Advancement and Alumni Relations Team via firstname.lastname@example.org immediately following acceptance.
Ongoing eligibility requirements
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date each term with a minimum study load of 18 credit points.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Students may request a deferral of their scholarship in special circumstances. This request must be made through the Student Scholarships Team and should occur in conjunction with an official Leave of Absence request to the University. If approved, a scholarship may only be deferred for a maximum period of two terms (excludes Term 3). Continuing students must still maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 in the term directly before taking a Leave of Absence.
Sharing details with the Donor of your scholarship
As funds for your scholarship have been generously donated, CQUniversity is required to share your name, course/ study area and ongoing eligibility (including academic performance) with the donor of your scholarship. Donors may wish to celebrate their recipients, however if you do not wish your donor or CQUniversity to promote your name publicly, this can be arranged.
Thanking your Donor
Many of our scholarships are made possible by generous donations from community partners who are committed to supporting CQUniversity students to reach their academic goals. Our donors are always keen to hear how their support is making a difference. You are strongly encouraged to submit a letter of thanks (Word/ PDF) to email@example.com to express your appreciation. To help you get started, we recommend providing a brief overview of who you are, what you are studying and your career aspirations, as well as some insight into how your scholarship will benefit you.
Payment of scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 2 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows:
- $2,500/term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility checks each term.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
*Disclaimer - Students may be required to provide further documentation to support their application. This can include the following:
- Documentation demonstrating low personal or family income/ financial need
- Documentation demonstrating academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Documentation demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Confirmation of Identity or 2 x Cultural References + a Statutory Declaration (if relevant to scholarship)
Applicants will be assessed on the application and may be required to provide a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Tell us about yourself:
- Name/ course/ interests
- You may wish to also share your current situation, challenges you have experienced or overcome, as well as any examples of success, leadership, community, or volunteering.
- How will a scholarship help you to overcome financial barriers to success?
- You may wish to further explain your current situation and how a scholarship will assist you in managing general living and study expenses.
- What are your career goals and how will a scholarship assist you in achieving your educational objectives?
- You may wish to consider your aspirations following graduation, as well as your plans for giving back and supporting our regions.
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account. Failure to supply further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
To apply for the CQUniCares Therapy Alliance Group Speech Pathology Scholarships:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
A section panel, consisting of representatives from Therapy Group Alliance will be formed to determine the successful applicant. The selection process may involve an interview (either face-to-face or online).
Scholarships at CQUniversity are highly competitive. All applications are ranked based on how well applicants address the selection criteria, and in comparison, to other applicants.
Being eligible or being a recipient in the past is no guarantee of having a successful application.
A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit.
The Student Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed.Students will be notified of the outcome of their application via their student email accounts only. Decisions are final.
Therapy Alliance Group's vision is to help each individual to achieve their own unique potential. Our multidisciplinary team provides caring, effective and collaborative therapy services. We aim to address current needs, enhance future capacity and create a better future for everyone whose life we touch. Visit www.tagclinic.com.au for further details.