|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Idemitsu Engineering Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2023;
- Be enrolled in one of the following courses:
- Associate Degree of Engineering [CC02]
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) [CC31]
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Diploma of Professional Practice (Co-op Engineering) [CC32]
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology [CG21]
- Bachelor of Environmental Science [CA42]
- Bachelor of Science [CU18];
- Be enrolled with a term study load of at least 12 credit points*;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, holder of a Humanitarian Visa or New Zealand Citizen with a permanent home address in Australia;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 2, 2023;
- Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000.
Applicants are required to:
- provide a 500-word personal statement addressing the question:
How would a CQUniCares Idemitsu Scholarship assist with your studies?
Ongoing eligibility requirements
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date each term with a minimum study load of 18 credit points or more
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Expectations of recipients
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through testimonials, media or invitations to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days. If you do not wish to be publicly recognised or be involved in the above initiatives, please advise the Advancement and Alumni Relations Team via email@example.com immediately following acceptance.
Payment of scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows
- $1,250/term for study load of 12 credit points
- $2,500/term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post-Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks each term.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
*Disclaimer - Students may be required to provide further documentation to support their application. This can include the following:
- Written submission
- Documentation demonstrating academic achievement or unofficial transcript
- Documentation demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Documentation demonstrating low personal or family income/ financial need
- Confirmation of Identity or 2 x Cultural References + a Statutory Declaration (if relevant to scholarship)
Applicants will be assessed on the application and may be required to provide a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Tell us about yourself:
- Name/ course/ interests
- You may wish to also share your current situation, challenges you have experienced or overcome, as well as any examples of success, leadership, community, or volunteering.
- How will a scholarship help you to overcome financial barriers to success?
- You may wish to further explain your current situation and how a scholarship will assist you in managing general living and study expenses.
- What are your career goals and how will a scholarship assist you in achieving your educational objectives?
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account. Failure to supply further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
To apply for the CQUniCares Idemitsu Engineering Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Office by 10am AEST on the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.A section panel, consisting of representatives from Idemitsu Australia Pty Ltd will be formed to determine the successful applicant.