|Year of Study||2nd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Region||Biloela; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Rockhampton; Yeppoon|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Ann Poppleton Memorial Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2023;
- Be a continuing second-year or greater Bachelor of Nursing [CQ23/CL91] student;
- Be able to provide evidence of financial hardship;
- Have a residential postcode in the Central Queensland region:
- Central West region (postal code range: 4472, 4478, 4481 – 4485, 4724 – 4736, 4829)
- Fitzroy region (postal code range: 4420, 4680 – 4706, 4709 – 4720, 4722 – 4723)
- Mackay region (postal code range: 4707 – 4708, 4721, 4737 – 4805)
- Wide Bay Burnett region (postal code range: 4570, 4580 – 4613, 4615 – 4679);
- Be 25 years old or older;
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity as of Census Date in Term 2, 2023;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa with a permanent home address in Australia;
Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000.
Applicants are required to:
- provide a 500-word personal statement addressing the question:
How would the Ann Poppleton Memorial Scholarship assist with your studies?
Expectations of recipients
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through testimonials, media or invitations to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days. If you do not wish to be publicly recognised or be involved in the above initiatives, please advise the Advancement and Alumni Relations Team via email@example.com immediately following acceptance.
Sharing details with the Donor of your scholarship
As funds for your scholarship have been generously donated, CQUniversity is required to share your name and course/ study area with the donor of your scholarship. Donors may wish to celebrate their recipients, however if you do not wish your donor or CQUniversity to promote your name publicly, this can be arranged.
Thanking your donor
Many of our scholarships are made possible by generous donations from community partners who are committed to supporting CQUniversity students to reach their academic goals. Our donors are always keen to hear how their support is making a difference. You are strongly encouraged to submit a letter of thanks (WordPDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your appreciation. To help you get started, we recommend providing a brief overview of who you are, what you are studying and your career aspirations, as well as some insight into how your scholarship will benefit you.
Payment of scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility checks in Term 1.
Payment for $3,000 will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
*Disclaimer - Students may be required to provide further documentation to support their application. This can include the following:
- Documentation demonstrating low personal or family income/ financial need
- Documentation demonstrating academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Documentation demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Confirmation of Identity or 2 x Cultural References + a Statutory Declaration (if relevant to scholarship)
Applicants will be assessed on the application and may be required to provide a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Tell us about yourself:
- Name/ course/ interests
- You may wish to also share your current situation, challenges you have experienced or overcome, as well as any examples of success, leadership, community, or volunteering.
- How will a scholarship help you to overcome financial barriers to success?
- You may wish to further explain your current situation and how a scholarship will assist you in managing general living and study expenses.
- What are your career goals and how will a scholarship assist you in achieving your educational objectives?
- You may wish to consider your aspirations following graduation, as well as your plans for giving back and supporting our regions.
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account. Failure to supply further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
To apply for a CQUniCares Mackay Financial Planning Career Development Group Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
A section panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant.
Scholarships at CQUniversity are highly competitive. All applications are ranked based on how well applicants address the selection criteria, and in comparison, to other applicants.
Being eligible or being a recipient in the past is no guarantee of having a successful application.
A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit.
The Student Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed.Students will be notified of the outcome of their application via their student email accounts only. Decisions are final.
The Scholarship is provided by friends and family of the late Ann Poppleton, who was a mature student, embarking on a second career. It was her desire to make a difference and help others through her nursing, and the scholarship aims to support students with similar values and situation.