|Year of Study||First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Start-Up Bursary successful applicants must:
- Be identified as living in regional and remote Australia, low socio-economic status (SES) backgrounds, and Indigenous persons as at the time of initial enrolment with CQUniversity
- Be commencing for the first time an undergraduate course of study in Term 1, 2024:
- Associate Degree
- Advanced Diploma (Higher Education)
- Diploma (Higher Education)
- Be studying with a minimum term study load of 12 credit points or more
- Be enrolled at Census date in Term 1, 2024
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa*
- Not have received or currently in receipt of a CQUniversity Scholarship within the current term
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
Applicants are required to:
- Provide a 500-word personal statement addressing the question:
How would a CQUniCares Start-Up Bursary assist with your studies?
Please note a limited number of scholarships are available, all scholarships may be exhausted prior to the advertised closing date.
Students are assessed based on the eligibility requirements of their application. As per the Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP) Funding requirements, the funds provided as part of this program are directed – exclusively – towards students from low socio-economic (SES) backgrounds (as defined by SEIFA), persons from regional areas and remote areas (as defined by ASGS), Indigenous persons, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and who identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and students who are living with or caring for someone with a Disability, Illness, Medical or Mental Health Condition.
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account. Failure to supply further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
Payment of scholarship
Successful applicants are required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU (refer to instructions) for payment to occur.
The value of the CQUniCares Start-Up Success Bursary will be paid in 2 instalments:
- $250 CQUni Bookshop Account Credit available from Week 1 of term
- $250 cash payment paid by week 6 of term following post Census date eligibility checks
The Student Scholarships Team will liaise directly with the CQUni Bookshop to establish an account credit of $250 for each recipient.
Bookshop credit is not redeemable for cash. Credit will expire after 28th June 2024.
The CQUni Bookshop account credit will be revoked if students no longer meet the post Census date eligibility checks.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Day.
The Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written Submission
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account.
To apply for a CQUniCares Start-Up Bursary:
Complete a HEPPP-Funded Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here:
- For Current students (applicants who already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete applications must be received by 10 am AEST on the closing date. Please ensure all supporting documents are attached to the application as incomplete applications will not be consideredStudents will be notified of the outcome of their application via their student email accounts only. Decisions are final.