How to apply for an audition
Applying for entry into one of CQU's creative and performing arts courses is a four-step process with auditions held both in person and online.
Complete and submit a course application through a Tertiary Admission Centre (TAC) or direct to CQU if you are an existing or returning CQU student.
- Applying to study online? Apply through your state’s TAC.
- Applying to study on campus? Apply through QTAC.
- If you’re an existing or returning CQU student, apply direct.
For more information on the application process, explore our how to apply breakdown.
Supporting documentation including your artistic resume and any medical certificates that might be required for your course should be presented at your audition. An outline of requirements for your chosen course can be found in our auditions guidelines.
If you’re auditioning in person, ensure you attend at the confirmed time and campus location with and follow the instructions of our staff.
If you’re auditioning online you must ensure:
- Your audition is filmed in an appropriate rehearsal or performance space so you get the best quality image and sound.
- You are fully visible in the camera frame and your hands (instrumentalists) and torso (singers) are clearly visible.
- You begin the audition by giving your name, age and state why you want to study with us.
- If you upload your audition to a YouTube channel you must email the link to the audition administrator. Otherwise follow instructions for submission provided to you when your auditions was confirmed.
For both in-person and online auditions, ensure you bring or provide your supporting documentation as outlined in the auditions guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no costs associated with applying for or completing an audition at CQUniversity.
If you apply and audition within the set audition period, you will receive your audition results with three weeks of your audition. Late applicants will receive results 1 to 2 weeks after their audition.
Once you have completed your application and registered for an audition by completing the online form on this page, our team will get in touch with you to finalise details of your audition. Our team endeavours to respond within 7 days.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled audition contact the Audition Administrator to request a change of time.
View the auditions requirements for our creative and performing arts courses, and your preferred specialisation or major.
Central Queensland Conservatorium of Music
The Conservatorium is a purpose-built music and theatre education facility on the Mackay Ooralea campus enriching student and community experience.