Stay safe on campus! Here at CQUni we take your safety, health and wellbeing very seriously, which is why we have adopted a best practice solution to communicate and connect with you should an emergency occur in the future. SafeZone is a simple and easy to use mobile app that can deliver important emergency notification alerts and instructions to students and staff.
To download the FREE app please go to the iOS App Store, Google Play or the Windows Phone Store. Once your download is complete you will then need to open the SafeZone app and sign-up using your student email address (do not use a personal email address as this will not allow you to register). For more information about SafeZone, please click here.
Key features include:
- Emergency alerts via push notification to your phone - SafeZone uses high-speed Push Messaging services to allow the Security Team to send you important information during an emergency or critical incident on campus. To ensure your own safety, notification services must be enabled for the SafeZone app.
- Request First Aid - If you need medical assistance, tap the FIRST AID button. Campus Security will know your location and will dispatch a qualified First Aid Officer to assist you.
- Emergency button - If you feel threatened or need urgent assistance, tap the Emergency button. Campus Security will know your location, try to contact you and come to your location and alert emergency services.
- Check-in when on campus after hours - If you are working outside normal hours, you can CHECK-IN to share your location with Security.
Note: Tracking is only enabled when checking-in and using the alert buttons.
The CQUniMobile app provides you with quick, convenient access to key University information and systems from your mobile device, helping you to keep your finger on the pulse of all things CQUni.
Content is displayed based on a profile, with both a Student profile and a Guest profile currently available. These profiles enable access to relevant information for the profile selected.
A single sign-on system has been integrated, enabling students to access multiple platforms by simply signing into the app. From CQUniMobile, current students can:
- Access a personalised view of course and units, timetables and exam schedules
- Visit student email and Moodle simply with one click from the home screen
- Access a Library feature to check current library accounts, search for library resources, find open times and book study rooms
- View the CQUniLife blog and CQUniNews, to keep up to date with news and events
- Visit a Pocket Guide with information about the services available to our students.
CQUniMobile allows Guest users to easily access job vacancies, details of University courses, scholarships and maps, as well as enabling access to newsfeeds, events and resources such as the CQUni Phonebook.
Use the Studiosity app for accessing after-hours study support on the go. From the app you can save a question for later, snap and upload a photo of a question straight from your phone, get notifications and review your writing feedback, use voice-to-text, and review past sessions.